JSW passenger mirror 2011 looks like 05-10???

srlbotanical

TDI
2011 JSW TDI Platinum Gray/Black Manual, Stage 2, Deleted
I need to replace my JSW TDI passenger mirror.

The mirror that is listed for the 2011+ wagon doesn't look like mine.

My mirror actually looks just like the 2005-2010 mirror. It even has the same connector as shown on the 05-10 style.

Did the 2011 wagons switch later in the year? Anyone else experience this?

Steve

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Does it have a different physical look, will the one you found match the drivers side mirror?

From 2009-2010 there were a steady stream of changes to the JSW bringing it from essentially an MK5 to a MK5 with MK6 cosmetic features and a few accompanying electronic upgrades like the instrument cluster etc. A Jetta sedan and a JSW do not have as much in common as one might think. Some of the electronic connectors, such as for seats (think recline/seat heaters/airbags) etc changed mid year on the JSW, so having different connectors isn't exactly uncommon.

That being said these vehicles share many of the same parts and depending on the build date of your vehicle (could be in 2010 even though it's a 2011) it might have had some things from the parts bin that were added by VW to get rid of older inventory. This sometimes happens with brake components, since those are shared between platforms and when running low the manufacturer might equip different items so as to not slow production.

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
The mirrors on the JSWs are the same as the MKV mirrors. I have changed enough of them to know this for certain. Mirrors are the same through the 2014 MY.

srlbotanical

TDI
2011 JSW TDI Platinum Gray/Black Manual, Stage 2, Deleted
Just a follow up. I ordered an MKV mirror assembly for about $50 of of ebay.

It was a perfect match.

I was able to pop the original cover and put it on the replacement assembly so I have a perfect color match.

It's nice to have a mirror/side blinker working again.