www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old December 5th, 2019, 11:00   #1
utoypia

Default 2015 Passat headlight housing replacement

Anyone have replaced their bulbs with LED? For some reason, it's hard to find support for LED high beams. Just low beams.
utoypia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2019, 05:52   #2
scrambld
Veteran Member

I had replaced the low beams w/LED in my '15 Passat. I went back to H7 halogens (PIAA...Lows and Orsam Night Breaker...Highs. The LEDs were too bright and cant be properly aimed (too high of a pattern). I adjusted the headlights down to where I wasn't getting flashed "AS" often, but still was.....I then had no useful high beams.

PS: What does the '15 Passat SEL Prem have for lights? I would assume LED or HID...IDK. At this point the only "best" option for really upgraded lighting would be a take-out OEM set from a Passat equipped with LED/HID....again, not sure what they came with.
scrambld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 05:59   #3
thundershorts
Veteran Member

All 2015 passat se sel headlights are same. Night breaker lasers for both high and lows work quite well, quite white, easy upgrade.