www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old December 6th, 2019, 18:53   #1
Dgravle514

TDI(s): 14' JSW
Default DSG Install Help

Today the DSG install tool came in from TuneMyEuro. I am a little confused about the directions. The directions in the box include using the tablet that was included in the shipment with the KESS equipment. On the other hand, the directions of the TuneMyEuro website show using my own laptop and software from the Malone website. I had assumed I would use the tablet and it would contain the DSG file from Malone, but I do not see the upgraded malone file anywhere.

My first questions is should I use the tablet or my personal computer.

My second question is do I email Malone the stock file and then they will email me the upgraded DSG tune?

The downfall to getting the shipment on a Friday is there is no support from tune my euro on the weekend.

I just don't want to tear the air box out and be stuck trying to fumble through this. I would really like the have the upgraded tune on hand before I start. The downfall to getting the shipment on a Friday is there is no support from tune my euro on the weekend.
Dgravle514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2019, 20:37   #2
Owain@malonetuning

You need to read a file off the vehicle in order for us to know what software is on the vehicle and send a tune.

can contact us at info@malonetuning.com

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2019, 05:34   #3
Dgravle514

TDI(s): 14' JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain@malonetuning View Post
You need to read a file off the vehicle in order for us to know what software is on the vehicle and send a tune.

can contact us at info@malonetuning.com

Using the Ksuite software the directions state that I should select KEss V2 and then select gearbox. On the tablet it is not opening a new window when I select the KessV2. The software just sits idle. I am guessing it must be connected to the car.

Thanks Owain. I will tear into it this afternoon.

Last edited by Dgravle514; December 7th, 2019 at 05:48.
Dgravle514 is offline   Reply With Quote