www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old November 23rd, 2017, 06:39   #436
GoneDiesel
Veteran Member

I have read quite a bit of this thread, thanks for all those who have contributed. I tried to find someone post who installed the springs but kept their OEM struts. I did see where someone with high miles did and ended up replacing the old struts. I have a 2015 sportwagon with only 5k miles. Is there any consensus on if low mileage OEM struts should be replaced? I am satisfied with the current ride but just want to raise the vehicle a bit to avoid ice boogers up here in the north.
GoneDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 08:29   #437
D-Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneDiesel View Post
I have read quite a bit of this thread, thanks for all those who have contributed. I tried to find someone post who installed the springs but kept their OEM struts. I did see where someone with high miles did and ended up replacing the old struts. I have a 2015 sportwagon with only 5k miles. Is there any consensus on if low mileage OEM struts should be replaced? I am satisfied with the current ride but just want to raise the vehicle a bit to avoid ice boogers up here in the north.
Topping out has been common with OEM struts/shocks across the mkV & mkVI JSW & golfs, but haven't seen many 2015 GSW with the lifting springs so you might be ok.
GSW allroad suspension components might be an option also.
D-Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 07:25   #438
jesssssser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneDiesel View Post
I'm running OEM struts. Had to replace the fronts when I did the springs, but that's because one of them was shot.

I've got no issues with them so far!
jesssssser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2018, 11:50   #439
Madov

TDI(s): Passat B6

I’m in the middle of upgrading my Passat B6 with Tig 2WD coil springs (Fwd & Aft) Installed the aft one already PN: 3C0511115AD and my new curb weight distance (from center of wheel hub to lower edge of wheel housing) went to 40 cm (Stock = 38.3 cm)…
When reading thru this post I realized that no one did mention that the bushing links need to be adjusted…VW manual state that all bushing links must be tightened in curb weight…so if we do change the suspension height, the bushing will have a slight torsion added that may force a premature failure… Anyone had to mess with the rear bushings?
Madov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 20:17   #440
Wilkins
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.6/5.6 - 5.3/6.7

Warning this is the Golf Mk vi forum and I don’t know what differences there are to a Passat. Just going from memory here but I think in the rear the only mounts that get tightened with weight on them are the upper and lower shock mounts. Be damn careful with the upper mount bolts, I somehow got one crossthreaded or dirt in it or?? I ended up having to buy a tap.

I did have a bar end link go just after replacing the springs but can’t figure out how an end link can have extra torsion from a small change in ride height.
2005 Jetta Wagon: Evo skid plate, Kerma Tune, Moog VR6 front springs, Koni Reds, Jeff's HID's, Upgraded door switches!. MKVI: Containflo+Pureflo, Rear Tiggy springs and B6 Billies, Xenon w LED, AFS, 087T BCM
Wilkins is offline   Reply With Quote