Post fix emissions testing

the_janitor

TDI
2011 Golf Highline DSG
Here in Ontario Canada new cars are exempt from emissions testing for the first 7 years. In other words, my 2011 is due for its first mandatory test this October. Has anybody done theirs yet and passed successfully with the fix?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Under normal circumstances - "Check engine" MIL warning lamp not on? Won't be an issue.

"Fix" status won't matter ... even "unfixed" won't matter.

mu3098

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI, 2011 VW Golf Wagon TDI
I have not had the fix done yet and passed the emissions test on my 2011. You can do the emissions test up to 6 months before you need to renew your plates, as long as there are no fault codes and all the readiness monitors are set(passed) you should pass the test.

the_janitor

TDI
2011 Golf Highline DSG
I have not had the fix done yet and passed the emissions test on my 2011. You can do the emissions test up to 6 months before you need to renew your plates, as long as there are no fault codes and all the readiness monitors are set(passed) you should pass the test.
Interesting. Did they still allow you to register your vehicle with the cheat software? I wonder how Service Ontario would know if we got the fix or not.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
If the Canadian settlement is like the US one - it won't matter if the fix ever gets applied for most (all ?) of the provinces / territories - the ones that accepted VW's settlement money.

Of course - I may be wrong on the Canadian settlement - in which case, I apologize.