Exh.recircul.valve 1 bank 1: pos.feedback - Spec.value: 0.00 %
Exh.recircul.valve 1 bank 1: pos.feedback - Act.value: 90.64 %
Exh.recircul.valve 1 bank 1: pos.feedback -Offset closed.: 0.00 %
Exhaust recirculation valve 1 bank 1: monitoring - status-Bit 0: 0
Exhaust recirculation valve 1 bank 1: monitoring - status-Bit 16: 8
Exhaust recirculation valve 1 bank 1: monitoring - status-Bit 24: 55
Exhaust recirculation valve 1 bank 1: monitoring - status-Bit 8: 66
Exh.recircul.valve 1 bank 1: pos.feedback - Uncnd vlt: 1006.6 mV
The DPF light was on when I parked and left town for 5 days, just got home to go for a drive to regen and the CEL was on when I started it. Should I figure it was due to the other conditions and clear it, or leave it and make an appointment at the dealership? It doesn't bother me much if I clear it and it comes back, but I don't want it to suddenly poop the bed on a road trip and screw me.

Last edited:

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
take it in is what i would do. Let them deal with it and replace what needs to be replaced. If you don't mind, report back on the fix

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
If you opted for the emissions modification, that flap is covered for eons. I say clear it and see if it comes back. A visit to the dealer for warranty service is mediocre at best. Unless you can get them to give you a loaner to load the miles upon for a few days.

CTD_Chevrolet

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta S DSG, '02 Jetta ALH 5spd
Update: I went to a tire shop to order winter tires and my next stop was the dealership, but the MIL turned off when I left the tire shop so I'm just leaving it alone for now.

take it in is what i would do. Let them deal with it and replace what needs to be replaced. If you don't mind, report back on the fix
I'll post an update if/when it comes back on.

If you opted for the emissions modification, that flap is covered for eons. I say clear it and see if it comes back. A visit to the dealer for warranty service is mediocre at best. Unless you can get them to give you a loaner to load the miles upon for a few days.
This was my thought as well. I have the emissions forever warranty (new old stock car, so it was already done when I bought it), I just have the fear that they will see I cleared it then say it's my fault when it fails for not bringing it in sooner. I've never owned a car with a warranty before. :D

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
On the other hand, if you believe what they tell you about OBD, a code like that should clear itself provided it goes back to normal function for a period of time.