ALH fast idle switch

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
what pin on ecu is switched, and what changes to binary are done?

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
It says cutsom tune and hardware...why not just add a switch with a set resistance to change the resistance to emulate the accel pedal being depressed?

Lots of "look at me" without showing how it was done...

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
sad face

I was hoping for some sort of switchable inputs to the ECU

guil12

TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2010 Jetta TDI (SOLD :(...)
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay. I will gladly share the information. For anyone interested i'm actually working on a dyi right now.

As QuickTd mentinned, it is a switchable resistor connected to the coolant temp sensor, to simulate colder temp, modification of both idle speed maps and one single unit for idle timer.
I will explain in details in the dyi.

I don't know if it's the best way to do it, but from all that I've tried, it's the only one that worked like I wanted. The fact that it is switchable at will is awesome.

Sorry once again for the delay. Stay posted and I will let you guys know as soon as I complete the dyi.

Cheers!

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
I'm super excited, sorry if I came off brash...this is what keeps the community great. Please keep up the good work

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Messing with/tricking temp sensors fuel/coolant/charge air will; enable after glow, greatly advance injection timing, and fatten up the fueling, and raise idle. The mapping’s can easily be modified to increase idle, with variable scaling/lower temps, or fix it constantly higher. Another way to add high idle switch is with an installed daughterboard with two/multiple (3 or 4) different switchable tunes with different running conditions/tune. Been doing it this way for many years. The majority of my Tuning R&D goes into drivability and cold starts/warmup enhancements and fuel economy (biggest challenge). Tuning for max hp was/is always the easy part, as long as you find all the torque limiters etc. ;-))