2005 vw passat gls tdi wagon for sale

biker1

TDI
05 GLS TDI Wagon
2005 vw passat gls tdi wagon for sale (Corvallis, OR)

LOADED TDI diesel wagon for sale with a lot of quality upgrades throughout. $2000 Click here for pictures
~leather
~power everything
~walnut wood grain trim
~"monsoon" stereo system
~sun roof moon roof
~traction control
~heavy duty panzer plate
~cruise control
~a/c powerful
~heated seats
~locking glovebox
~too much more to list here
My wife has owned this fun to drive car since 2010. This car has had the BSM upgrade done, OEM drive axles, new computer, upgraded water pump, timing belt, great tires, great glass, nice interior, no pets , non smokers, highway mileage, other new parts all installed or serviced by highly regarded VW TDI specialty shops in LA and PDX. Oil always changed every 3 - 5k, VW specific / quality oil ALWAYS used.
Runs well but needs some work on radiator (quoted $500 - 1k in PDX) and a motor mount (fairly routine on these rigs). Interior is overall nice but some signs of wear and tear and hatchback area use. Wife hit a deer a few years back. Had full coverage insurance and we received excellent workmanship from Eugene's top body and paint shop. There is a ding on the passenger rear door that is fairly small and usual exterior dings and wear.
Mileage: 202,750
Overall comfy car, amazing amounts of leg room and cargo space, averages 35+ mpg in most driving situations, comes w Yakima rack and mounts, spare tire (michelin), more
Car is currently in Corvallis Oregon.
More pics and info, receipts available.
I know these years of Volkswagen Passat are somewhat rare and coveted by those who have done the necessary work. We've taken good care of this car, taken care of most all of the issues these cars can have and always had the best mechanics work on it. But it does need some work and has seen some use.

Last edited:

biker1

TDI
05 GLS TDI Wagon
Automatic? Original transmission? YES

Price? UPDATED AD - MAKE ME AN OFFER PLEASE

Pictures? UPDATED AD W A LINK TO GOOGLE PICS

Last timing belt change? WILL CHECK RECEIPT AND GET BACK TO YOU

Explain what's wrong with the radiator? AT THE MOMENT I CANT REMEMBER EXACT PROBLEM. IT IS NOT MAJOR. FIX UM HAUS MADE THE DIAGNOSIS AND ESTIMATE.

A/C work OK? YES

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
How about some interior pics? Black leather?
Thanks.

biker1

TDI
05 GLS TDI Wagon
I just added a couple of interior shots at link provided in original post. Will get some more and add to album.

biker1

TDI
05 GLS TDI Wagon
The car is parked in Corvallis. We live out on the coast. I will get some fresh pictures of interior asap. I also just realized I mistakenly listed 280k as the odometer reading. I was just checking some records and it looks like its actually much closer to the low 200k range. It was my wife's rig and I haven't been in it for some time. I'll get confirmation on odo this week and more pix.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
retrieved exact mileage off odo today. It is 202, 750 as of today
Could you supply your email address so I can contact you about the car? Or if you would like to send me an email my email address is nick [at] stereointegrity (dot) com. Thanks. :)

Also does the car have a salvage title from hitting a deer? Or is the title clean?

Last edited:

biker1

TDI
05 GLS TDI Wagon
Car is still for sale. Don't believe member Electrodynamic when he tells you he is sending a deposit and is going to buy your car... this "veteran member" just wasted a bunch of my time and energy after assuring me over and over that he was going to buy the vehicle and have it transported etc etc... He had even sent me a fake receipt from Paypal stating he had sent us a $500 deposit... Sellers beware.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Car is still for sale. Don't believe member Electrodynamic when he tells you he is sending a deposit and is going to buy your car... this "veteran member" just wasted a bunch of my time and energy after assuring me over and over that he was going to buy the vehicle and have it transported etc etc... He had even sent me a fake receipt from Paypal stating he had sent us a $500 deposit... Sellers beware.
Scamming, if that's what he's done, is worthy of reporting this to Forum management.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
I had a feeling you would post here so here is my side:

I did express interest in purchasing the OP's car (one initial phone call and then two more phone calls with biker1 being extremely pushy to receive full payment). I even tried sending biker1 a $500 deposit via Paypal under the "friends and family" selection so he would not have to pay any fees. The first attempted deposit showed "pending" for more than 10 hours so I cancelled that payment and tried to send it again only to see the same "pending" message. Most likely due to the amount being sent as "friends and family."

After talking to a friend of mine who had previously owned a car dealership he strongly urged me to not purchase the car [due to the cars transmission having an issue that was not disclosed in the ad and also due to the cost of transport completely across the US] so I cancelled the second, still pending at the time, payment and informed biker1 that I would no longer be purchasing the vehicle and to please sell it to someone else. Even if the second payment did go through I would have had him keep it because it was my choice not to purchase the car.

There was never a Purchase Order sent, signed, returned, etc. There was never a deposit received by the OP. And PS: You can't fake a Paypal deposit. I have a screen-shot to prove the second "pending" payment here (there is another, first, deposit attempt but it shows the same thing):

biker1 is a new member trying to sell his car here. I hope he sells it. I simply chose not to purchase his car. If/when someone calls biker1 be sure he tells you about everything that is wrong with the car...especially the transmission as he did not mention it in his original post (as of this post his original post still does not indicate the transmission problem).

And instead of posting again and putting this post to the top here is a screen shot of our last text messages of me indicating to the seller that I was not going to purchase the car and to sell the car to someone else.

Last edited:

biker1

TDI
05 GLS TDI Wagon
What a loser this guy is.... i told him about the transmission. It is a non issue - call me I'll tell you all about it. The receipt he posted up was a bogus payment.

This joker told me over and ove again he wanted it and not to sell it to anyone else.

Get a life buddy. You missed out on a killer car so whatever have a nice life.

SMUG SLUG

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta Wagon
you sound like you've been reading too many SCROTUS tweets.....

why don't you just go ahead and tell us all about this "non-issue" transmission issue.......

michTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and 2015 GSW MT
I am always extra careful when "newbies" come here to sell vehicles......not saying they are all trying to rip someone off......but we have no track record to go on......buyer beware.......which is ALWAYS the case-maybe I should say "buyer be EXTRA aware" with "newbies."

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
So to the Original poster - is the car still available? Can you please tell me about the tranny issues? Do you suspect it could be driven as is to, say, Denver? TIA.

kemalik84

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg TDI, B4 97, 96B4V, MK5 TDI Jetta, Vanagon(non-TDI) soon to be converted
sounds like a good car but if its an automatic a diagnose of the transmission concern will be helpful to know.