Pics From The Fest

Man, if I were you poor guys at home, I know I'd be dying to see some pics. Never fear! While the others are having fun socializing down stairs in the lobby and bar (Hilton), your friendly Believer is is up in his room playing reporter.

I arrived yesterday at about 4:00 in the afternoon - simultaneously arriving was the Pup, whom I had the pleasure of meeting in the parking lot. He's a very nice guy, more soft-spoken than I would have expected, and a lot of fun to listen to.

Many of us walked five blocks along the Cape Fear River last night to a restaurant on the river called Elijah's.

This morning we all worked on our cars getting them ready for the show-off - and then it rained. We spent the morning continually drying our cars. The weather smiled on us for the afternoon though. Not a drop - but lots of loud thunder - as if the TDI gods both protected and applauded us.

This evening, many folks participated in the Rallye (I opted out of that to spend quality time with Mrs. Believer).

Later I got to chat at length with Uwe Ross regarding ECUs and suspension upgrades - my next endevour.

Tomorrow is the big race. Anyone making bets? There are a lot of fast cars here. BG is sure to take first. After that - who knows. Uwe Ross brought his VR6. It should be quite a day - and I will snap pics of the races and the banquet to share with you all. I'll try to get those posted by Monday morning.

Anyway, here are some pics for now. I'll try to get more pics of faces tomorrow.

BTW: I even got to meet Ric today - very nice guy. I hope to talk with him more tomorrow. Turbo Steve and Howard met today - and we didn't have to drag the Cape Fear River later for bodies!

Wish you all were here! - Rich

Folks - the gentleman on the right is FRED!

Jerry (Birdman) and Tazz in front of Jerry's beautiful Jetta. Jerry won the show-off for A4s - a certain winner!

The awesome Valois propane machine!

The awesome Valois propane machine again!

BG also has propane.

...and a custom intercooler behind the new facade!

More next post...

Here's a pic of the group.

Here's another pic of the group.

Official's car.

Gary Miyakawa's NB.

More next post...

[This message has been edited by Mrs. TDI Believer (edited September 02, 2000).]

We knew Tazz had arrived when we saw the car.

Turbo Steve has been bending to custom induction plumbing.

Fred's Beds?

Mrs. Believer test drives the new TT Roadster. I better hide the checkbook!

More pics coming of tomorrow's events. I need to get a good night's rest so that I can wake up refreshed, have a good breakfast, pour 5 gallons of super duper 63 Cetane SynDiesel in the Bad Bora, and claim the trophy (yeah, I know - the competition will be fierce!)

Wish me luck!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mrs. TDI Believer (edited September 02, 2000).]

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Thanks Mrs. Believer for the pic's. It was nice to meet you. Looks like Rich wasn't kidding that you lived up to your name as a beautiful Dollie!

BTW - Make sure Rich is sober before the Big Race. And don't let 'em go near Ric's room either, or he'll try to slip Rich a Mickey or even swap some of that "63 Cetane SynDiesel" for his own special cocktail brew of 20 year old tractor fuel!

Good luck in the Big Event and be sure and let me know whose ride drove like it had some of that "20 year old tractor fuel" in it!

[This message has been edited by Turbo Steve (edited September 02, 2000).]

TDI Java

Ok, I'm insanely jealous, but thanks Mrs. Believer and Gary for the great pics! I live through your cameras!

The hunt for my own TDI continues...

SD

TDIsmokin

Veteran Member
Greta PICS!!!
I am SOOOOO envious, but I'm off to Newfoundland today.(for work, on an airplane, NO tdi's).
I hope evryone makes it home safe and sound and that you have a blast today and tomorrow.
Thanks Mrs TDI and Gary!!!
Claude

------------------
TDIsmokin
Claude

I am an elitist. I drive a TDI!!

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Well, in about 45 minutes we will all gather and head out to the track. It rained last night but the sun is coming out. Looks like we may have a nice day for this afterall.

Saw several bleary-eyed TDIers at breakfast this morning including Switca, Valois, SkyPup, Tazz, and the Ripster. Everybody is pumped for the big showdown.

Film at eleven...

------------------
Warp 9...Engage!

pizzaman

Vendor
TDI
2011 GOLF TDI
Gary: The URL you provided opens a blank page.

Claude: If you are in St.John's area in Newfoundland, gimme a call @ 834-4194.

------------------
George Manolov
2000 Jetta TDI

Vhunter

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 silver Jetta 5spd TDI
I tried Garys page and it opened fine yesterday and also just now.. try it again, maybe the server had hickup'ed thru the night.

BTW Great pic's Gary! Hope there will be an index listing whos car is in what picture...

Thanks again, from us who couldn't get to go!

P.S. I don't use either Netscrape or Microsloth's browser...

[This message has been edited by Vhunter (edited September 04, 2000).]

pizzaman

Vendor
TDI
2011 GOLF TDI
Yup!
I got in this time.

Nice photos. I wish you guys took a picture of the owner next to the car and type the name below.

Many thanks to all photographers.

------------------
George Manolov
2000 Jetta TDI

VWYankee

Veteran Member
TDI
Sportwagen for her and lil' red wagon for me
Great pic's Gary, and Mrs.TDIBeliever!!

Thanks for all the work! We thoroughly enjoyed it, and thanks to TDI Ray's SWEET "Diesel Power" Golf, our friends that came with us are dead set on a Golf TDI for their next vehicle.

------------------
VWYankee

'00.5 Silver Jetta GLS TDI
-Luxury/Gray Leather-

d9

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta
Can anyone tell me where Jerry (Birdman) got the airdam for the front of his Jetta in the picture posted by Mrs. TDI Believer?

It is awesome looking

------------------
TDI Soon

valois

Banned
These are great pictures also, they need to be archived. Gary, I was unable to pull them up with netscape also.

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
I zipped our entire collection of pics from the fest (two large zip files) and sent an e-mail with links to Tazz so he could download them. Hopefully he was able to retrieve them.