2011 Jetta sedan TDI brake diameter

chal1enger

TDI
2011 Jetta Mk6 sedan 6mt
I picked up my 2011 TDI sedan 6mt a month-ish ago, and it needs brakes (and tires) desperately.

FCP Euro has all different size rotors for front and rear brakes, I'm wondering the best way to know what I need without having to take the wheels off and measure. Where I live I don't really have tools so I would like to order what I need and go to my ol' man's shop and do the work. It's asinine if you have to measure the rotors in order to know what to buy, this would be a first for me.

FCP is listing either 312 or 288mm fronts and either 272 or 253 rears.

Is it really possible that VW doesn't know what brake rotors they put on which car and every time you take it to the dealership they have to take the wheels off and measure before they can get rotors to service the brakes? Because I find that truly hard to believe.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
Easiest way to know is to jack up the car remove and wheel, and measure for yourself.
Tire tools and jack from the trunk and a tape measure.
Also eliminates the frustration of trusting someone at a dealership to not guess wrong.

oldsoul

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI, 2000 New Beetle Non-TDI: 2013 Grand Caravan, 1994 Buick Regal (for sale), 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
FYI, here's a link to visual aids that can help owners determine which brakes set they have on the rear. OE comes in two sizes apparently and short of measuring the rotors directly, this is an easy solution: https://www.urotuning.com/products/272-or-253?variant=8386136834103
I know, old thread. After a half hour of punching in my VIN at countless web sites to no avail, I come here, and in about ten minutes, find this. When, oh when will I learn? Start here, if you can't find an answer, there likely isn't one. Thank you andre, you have helped at least one fellow TDIer. Thanks again.