Effect of Malone stage 2 or similar tune on DPF & emissions post modification (EA288)

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
I will have to look into Kerma tunes. I was directed right to Malone since there is a shop in my town that does it.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
and remember malone can take care of regens all together ;)

Sad Panda

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen SE TDI
I have been on kerma for about 35k miles. Had it before the changes to Regen and gave feedback for the difference. Before I was getting something like the 200 miles between regens or whatever low interval it is stock. I drive 90% highway and get 460-470 miles every Regen, from what I have read from kerma posting, this is the maximum mileage if a Regen is not needed before then based on soot load.
If my wife drives around town a lot it will occasionally Regen earlier, meaning it reads and calculates like it should. Big difference here is the huge mpg hit that you get when doing a Regen 2-3 times per tank instead of 1 or none. They made huge changes to adblue usage too, just recently went ~20k miles before needing to refill... Very impressed with kerma progress, and was very happy with the tune before all the updates.

keith102

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6spd
I have been on kerma for about 35k miles. Had it before the changes to Regen and gave feedback for the difference. Before I was getting something like the 200 miles between regens or whatever low interval it is stock. I drive 90% highway and get 460-470 miles every Regen, from what I have read from kerma posting, this is the maximum mileage if a Regen is not needed before then based on soot load.
If my wife drives around town a lot it will occasionally Regen earlier, meaning it reads and calculates like it should. Big difference here is the huge mpg hit that you get when doing a Regen 2-3 times per tank instead of 1 or none. They made huge changes to adblue usage too, just recently went ~20k miles before needing to refill... Very impressed with kerma progress, and was very happy with the tune before all the updates.
How is the tune after the update?