Injection Pump: To rebuild or to buy new

TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI
Hi everyone,
2000 VW Jetta tdi. Need to do something about the injection pump and I was wondering what your thoughts on rebuilding an existing pump or buying something new. Or could there be lower priced but reliable companies selling remanufactured pumps.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
You can send it in to DFIS in portland and they'll rebuild for $600-$700 I believe. Otherwise, reman units can be found at boraparts or idparts. What exactly is wrong with it?

If it is just seals, there's a procedure to do that on the car for less than $50.

mike92105

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI automatic 2015 Passat SEL
Is it just leaking?

I'm thinking of doing my seals today. My head seal is not leaking so I'm thinking of just doing the lower and upper seals. The thought of doing it without a vag com is a little scary but I figure I just scribe some marks with my electric engraver and then cross my fingers.

Last edited:

mike92105

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI automatic 2015 Passat SEL
Success! It idles and drives with more power

Probably have the QA too high, but I like it.Would not recommend the electric pencil to mark as I could barely see the marks later, kinda used the original yellow marks to tap it back towards the passenger side when it was smoking upon initial start up.