Cross-cross-country TDI-fixing road trip!

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
The springs were bright blue and the struts were orange. That's all I can tell you is that they were the ones that lowered the car the least. You should've seen the ones that were removed....208k on what looked like factory parts! :eek:

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
At Jesse's now to replace the turbo!

Konis we put on last week are STR.Ts I believe. With the Koni sport springs. Seems like a decent combo.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Not a bad price on that suspension kit! Less than we paid for Neuspeed SofSports and Koni Reds.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
if you wind up needing an oil supply line and he doesnt have one, I have a spare in my garage, let me know if you need it.

deegingerkid

TDI
Not a bad price on that suspension kit! Less than we paid for Neuspeed SofSports and Koni Reds.
I do believe he got an even better price than the one shown...they were on sale when he bought 'em. I got to do the test drive so Matt could do boost logs....hoollllyyyy s*%t is it fast! :D

deegingerkid

TDI
if you wind up needing an oil supply line and he doesnt have one, I have a spare in my garage, let me know if you need it.
He's returning the pre-bent one for a refund. Matt had braided steel.

Thank you, though Aaron. :D

deegingerkid

TDI
And one more thing....thanks to Matt for putting up with my bad jokes and silly questions I'm sure you've heard a thousand times. I am happier and happier to be a part of this community with every person I get to know. The tact you all have for dealing with as crazy a gal as I am is astounding! :D:D

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
And one more thing....thanks to Matt for putting up with my bad jokes and silly questions I'm sure you've heard a thousand times. I am happier and happier to be a part of this community with every person I get to know. The tact you all have for dealing with as crazy a gal as I am is astounding! :D:D
You crazy? No way....:D

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
You fit right in with all us "Sane" people :D:p

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Just wanted to say that Matt did an outstanding job on our Mk4. Just took it to my local shop for an alignment and they commented on how well the recent work was done, said I had a top notch mechanic. The owner of this shop and the mechanic who did the work both have Mk4 TDIs and were really impressed.

Matt-98AHU

TDI
Just wanted to say that Matt did an outstanding job on our Mk4. Just took it to my local shop for an alignment and they commented on how well the recent work was done, said I had a top notch mechanic. The owner of this shop and the mechanic who did the work both have Mk4 TDIs and were really impressed.
:D

In other news, I was in Chicago yesterday and did an intake cleaning, fuel and air filter change, 01M fluid and filter service. And, of course, threw in remote windows :D

Headed somewhat out of the way towards Indianapolis. Friend of mine lives down here, though he just got back to me and said he's working insane hours this weekend. He offered me a place to stay earlier in the week, but turns out he's insanely busy this weekend. Oh well!

Just have to visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum myself I guess!

ccisney

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
:D

In other news, I was in Chicago yesterday and did an intake cleaning, fuel and air filter change, 01M fluid and filter service. And, of course, threw in remote windows :D

Headed somewhat out of the way towards Indianapolis. Friend of mine lives down here, though he just got back to me and said he's working insane hours this weekend. He offered me a place to stay earlier in the week, but turns out he's insanely busy this weekend. Oh well!

Just have to visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum myself I guess!
Hey Matt, When you coming back toward Socal, I need an intake clean, EGR fix or replace, Chat

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Chat, he'll be up here in Nor-Cal next weekend (Sep 29/30) and at the Bay Area GTG in San Pablo Oct 19-21, so that should give you a very rough idea of when he'll be back down south.

Matt-98AHU

TDI
I'm about to blow this thread up with an oversized photo I took last night :D

Hello from St. Louis!