Average waiting time to receive a Malone tune

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
While off for the holidays I've performed some work on my 06 Jetta DSG (replaced the OEM turbo with a GTB1749V from Darkside Developments, 3 BAR MAP and other miscellaneous items). My understanding is that is not recommended to start the engine and drive the car with this turbo setup unless an appropriate tune is loaded to ECU (I have a Flashzilla tool, used it to load a Malone 1.5 on the car some years ago). I am currently renting a car, I initially send Malone an email to request a tune for the new set-up back in December 20th (I know they were in vacation between 12/21-1/06). I have followed up with another email yesterday morning, never heard anything back from them.
Taking in consideration that some orders have piled up during the vacation for them, do you guys think that is realistic for me to expect my tune by the end of this week? I am asking because I am trying to figure out if I need to extend the renting contract for another week.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
really fast, he next day air'd me my tune, and then again some other parts he forgot all in time before i had my track day, 10/10 communication and follow though. I had my stuff next day!

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Put the old map sensor back in and you can drive your car till you wait for your tune to arrive. Even with the 3 bar it'll likely just go into limp mode that's it.

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
I'm waiting on mine from the black friday sale. I imagine it has something to do with being sent strike mail (canada post) though. At least it allowed me to get in a nice new clutch break in. :D

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
I'm waiting on mine from the black friday sale. I imagine it has something to do with being sent strike mail (canada post) though. At least it allowed me to get in a nice new clutch break in. :D
Anything headed towards Ontario is probably sitting in a container unfortunately. They were ordered back to work over the holidays though and things were relatively smooth on the west coast. Feel free to shoot us an email at info@malonetuning.com and we'll look after it.

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
Anything headed towards Ontario is probably sitting in a container unfortunately. They were ordered back to work over the holidays though and things were relatively smooth on the west coast. Feel free to shoot us an email at info@malonetuning.com and we'll look after it.
I haven't been back home since the holidays, so I'll see if it's there waiting for me first. I got them sent to Alberta, so not too far, but it actually worked out alright for me, because it allowed me a detuned clutch break in. :D