MK6 Diverter Valve

Zulfi25

TDI
2013 Mk6
Mk6 2.0 tdi diverter valve

Okay so i understand that this does absolutely nothing for the car but i want the noise. I hear the noise witht my current intake but its not loud enough for me. Has anyone found a diverter valve that would fit the mk6 tdi?

Also has anyone found a front mount inter cooler for the mk6 tdi??

Zulfi25

TDI
2013 Mk6
So if there isnt a divertervalve on the mk6 then how does it make the noise?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You should learn about how a dual-throttled, dual-EGR turbo diesel works before you go talking about noise and diverter valves.

Zulfi25

TDI
2013 Mk6
And ... Your car already has an enormous front-mounted intercooler that's the same frontal area as the entire main radiator.
Okay i get that. But i want to see if they have one that sits in front on the bottom end of the bumper so its seen..??

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Seems like the OP needs a big, fake, obnoxious polished aluminum finned something-or-other hanging down in front of the car (you can sawzall out an opening in the bumper cover and mount it with plumber's strap) and some fartcan exhaust.

I think the maturity level of most TDI owners won't win him much assistance in this endeavor to rice-bling out his Volkswagen.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
A TDI is probably not a good fit for the OP. Of course he could throw away the air cleaner and get more turbo whine.

For more engine noise, may I suggest a bro-dozer such as a Diesel truck? Diesel Power magazine will help you build the ultimate retard-mobile.

Last edited:

Dirtracr95

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Sedan DSG
Okay so i understand that this does absolutely nothing for the car but i want the noise. I hear the noise witht my current intake but its not loud enough for me. Has anyone found a diverter valve that would fit the mk6 tdi?
Also has anyone found a front mount inter cooler for the mk6 tdi??
You bought the wrong car kid. Go trade it in for a 2.0T or 1.8T

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
In all seriousness, why does it need to be louder? More VROOM-VROOM does absolutely nothing for performance.

A Diverter valve is technology found on a turbo gasser, it does not apply to a compression ignition engine because a diesel does not have a throttle plate that suddenly closes when you let off the go petal.

The A6 already has a front mount intercooler and a cold air intake as well and is good for a moderate bump in power with nothing more than a chip tune.

If you want to modify your car, go here and read until you understand, everything that applies to your car first:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/index/

You need to have a very good idea about how something actually functions before you do any Mods or you will be throwing your money down a rat hole with very questionable results.

Almost forgot, welcome to Fred's. Don't be put off by our sometimes crusty nature, actually most of us are here to help.

Last edited:

Datalore

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI- SOLD, 2000 VW Beetle ALH- SOLD, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE DSG
Yeah, I'm thinking OP needs to buy my MkV GTI from me and I'll take his MkVI TDI off his hands. You can put a nice loud fart can on it and put the loudest diverter valve you can buy and just show all the Honda rice-car drivers how big your balls are!

Seriously, if you are gong to ignore our advice, please sell your TDI and buy a Japanese tuner car.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I wonder if he revs the nuts out of it like the Honda boys do. :eek:

tdi_assaultwagen

TDI
2012 jetta sportwagen tdi cr140
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the boost on the tdi motors are controlled by the vnt turbo. It is a variable boost turbo that used control worm gears that control the shutters inside the impeller housing. Now, if one were to swap the turbo for a standard style turbo, delete the egr's, and have the custome tune. Then a bov would be needed to regulate the boost pressure. But in stock set up, the only thing you could do is fabricate a bov on the intake side and set it 1-2 psi lower then the stock boost limit. But that would hinder performance and more then likely through a code. If he really wants "the sound" buy an electronic bov simulator and wire it up.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Nope.
Wastegate does that.
Wastegates haven't been used on North American TDIs since 1999, and have been replaced by variable vanes inside the turbine housing that modify airflow over the turbine wheel.

tdi_assaultwagen

TDI
2012 jetta sportwagen tdi cr140
I'm not going to lie. I was looking to do this myself till i researched the idea. Then after a few minutes on alldata I realized it would be useless. But it's always fun to help educate less knowledgeable members.