Malone Tuning or Rocketchip?

jbourke367

TDI
99.5 Golf TDI
Hey guys, Thinking about chipping my car soon. I am just trying to figure out what tune I would like to go with. Right now I am thinking the Malone (stage 3). Right now I am running PowerPlus 520's and the Sachs Quiet Clutch. I found the Rocketchip website to be somewhat vague as far as the results of each chip. What do you guys think? Does anyone recommend one over the other?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
In a way, the answer to your question is - yes. Malone and RocketChip are both well known and well respected TDI tuners. I suspect that you will be quite happy with either one. For your car another good option would be TDTuning. Any of these tuners know what they are doing and they know your engine well. Often the choice of a tuner really depends on which tuner happens to have a dealer near you. If you stay away from cheap tuning boxes and unknown tuners, you will probably end up happy with your choice.

Have Fun!

Don

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
I have used RocketChip on a few of my cars worked very well.
I have talked with Jeff many times on tuning and EGR Plus DPF failing with codes.
He gave all the information I needed to fix them so he gets my vote.
Bob Mann

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
I've used all three of the above tuners and they all are great. Jeff is closest to me, so I lean toward him.

DieselRacer

banned
TDI
BMW Advanced Diesel...2011 BMW 335d
Blunt or joint, how could you go wrong with either, medical of course...:D

durbo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 260k........ 2000 golf 2 door 100k.
You cant go wrong with rocketchip, malone, or tdtuning.
Send all 3 tuners an email, and see what they have to say.
They all have a different way of approaching your power and fuel mileage needs.
One might appeal more to you than the others.

After the awesome customer service from aarodriguez to upgrade my Malone stage 1 to a stage 1.5 w/ nozzles, I have to recommend him.
I've used all the supporting venders here, and every single one has been great, but Andrew went above and beyond what was needed to get me set up with my tune.

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
Been running a RC6 tune for over 5 years and it is still the best tune I have driven or ridden in. Can't say enough for Jeff and the RC tunes. PS, I'm putting out just a little over 200 HP and it has lasted forever and it only getting better. It is my daily driver and I put a lot of miles on it. Doing a complete car redue at this time and it is in this and other forums under "Atlanta Ga to Panama City Central America". I also have installed a super custom head from Thomas Sizemore of "Headbytes" in Tennessee. It is now getting over 70 MPG all the time is my best mileage to date is 80.2 MPG. So tune RC tune and head by "Headbytes"
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=376666

Last edited: