I put 7 quart of oil in my Jetta!!!!

BratscheMan

Veteran Member
TDI
none at present
[ QUOTE ]
I put 7 quart of oil in my Jetta

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul, what's the big deal? I could put more than that in my NB, easily...and it's stock! All I would have to do is conveniently leave the drain plug off the pan!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

delste

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS 2004 Black/Black leather
Paul:
Did you use the mounting bracket from Greg? The larger filter fit OK?
You still need the Cat filter!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What year is your Jetta? Why the Series 3000 and not the 5W40?

Paul_L_Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
None
[ QUOTE ]
Paul:
Did you use the mounting bracket from Greg? The larger filter fit OK?
You still need the Cat filter!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What year is your Jetta? Why the Series 3000 and not the 5W40?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did use the bracket from Greg. It needed a little help. I put some washers between it and the engine block. In addition, the bolts that came with the filter from Amsoil, when you put them with the nut spacers, they did not protrude through the nuts. I went to the hardware store and bought 1/2" longer ones. The larger filter fit just fine! I think I will fine tune the routing and placement of the lines over the next couple of weeks.

My Jetta is a 2002.

I used the Series 3000 vs. the Euro spec 5W-40 because Amsoil says it is a better oil and does not recommend extended drain intervals on the 5W-40.

delste

Veteran Member
TDI
Just spoke to Greg and ordered the same setup. He said you have an 04 Jetta. I have been wanting to use Amsoil as well and have left many posts trying to get someone with a PD to say they are using something other than a 505.01. Could you reassure me with a reply as to why you are taking the chance on the Amsoil 3000 series oil. I have been with Amsoil as a buyer for almost 30 years and this is the first car that I have not used their products. In fact, on my last two suburbans I had the dealer drain the factory oil before I took delivery of the car and fill with the 3000 Amsoil.

Paul_L_Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
None
[ QUOTE ]
Just spoke to Greg and ordered the same setup. He said you have an 04 Jetta. I have been wanting to use Amsoil as well and have left many posts trying to get someone with a PD to say they are using something other than a 505.01. Could you reassure me with a reply as to why you are taking the chance on the Amsoil 3000 series oil. I have been with Amsoil as a buyer for almost 30 years and this is the first car that I have not used their products. In fact, on my last two suburbans I had the dealer drain the factory oil before I took delivery of the car and fill with the 3000 Amsoil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do NOT have a PD. I have a 2002. As an Amsoil dealer, I would not suggest any of our oil products for the motor at this time. Amsoil will not warrant it if VW doesn't. Sorry! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

delste

Veteran Member
TDI
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do NOT have a PD. I have a 2002. As an Amsoil dealer, I would not suggest any of our oil products for the motor at this time. Amsoil will not warrant it if VW doesn't. Sorry! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clearing that up.

Deception

Veteran Member
Nice setup! I might get around to installing a bypass filter in my TDI soon too.

The Series 3000 is an awesome oil, as it has the beefiest additive package of all the Amsoil oils. Perfect for a "no oil change" setup like Paul's.

Paul_L_Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Nice setup!
Thanks! I am planning on using Amsoil's Tri-Gard program since I have the bypass filter and the two stage air filter. It gives me the oil analysis for a lot cheaper, $20 for 2 instead of $20 each. I believe I have to change the standard filter when VW suggest (every 10,000 miles) and the bypass filter once every 25,000 miles. Since that is the case, I will probably go to the 1 quart bypass filter (BE-90) when that happens.