Wheel Lock Key?

Damien8

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys.

I realized tonight that I do not have a key for my wheel locks. Just wondering if anyone might have an extra, or know where I might be able to get one?

Thank you in advance :cool:

E

Emil

If you mean the wheel nut to remove the wheel bolts?
There are several types. Go to the dealer and show them the one you have . They will tell you the code and get you the nut or go to any Tyre shop and they will remove the bolts for you.

06SpiceRedTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Spice Red TDI Jetta, 2006.5 DSG Platinum Gray TDI
Damien8 said:
Hey guys.

I realized tonight that I do not have a key for my wheel locks. Just wondering if anyone might have an extra, or know where I might be able to get one?

Thank you in advance :cool:
There is a little velcro pocket in your tool pouch, look in there that is where it should be from the factory.

abarns

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1
Agreed, check for that velcro pouch, although I think my friend's '09 didn't have the kit I was used to seeing... it was just a styrofoam thing that sat in the spare. Either way, might as well get rid of the locking nuts if you have standard VW rims... unless theft of plain-jane OEM rims is a big problem in your parts. Regular lug nuts were only a few dollars if I recall correctly...

jayson9

Veteran Member
TDI
abarns said:
Agreed, check for that velcro pouch, although I think my friend's '09 didn't have the kit I was used to seeing... it was just a styrofoam thing that sat in the spare. Either way, might as well get rid of the locking nuts if you have standard VW rims... unless theft of plain-jane OEM rims is a big problem in your parts. Regular lug nuts were only a few dollars if I recall correctly...
Correct on the '09s, no kit in mine. Also agree on the issue of why these OEM wheels are so valuable???? I am sure they become ir-replaceble once they are stolen..... I guess!:rolleyes:

dr61

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI on order
My wheel lock adaptor was in the glove box on delivery. I put it in a bag with the spare wheel and jack. I plan to replace the lock bolts with standard bolts as I also don't feel the need to protect the standard 16" wheels in the places I park 98% of the time.

vwluca

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta GLS
Do like me, go to the dealer, borrow one for a minute, take all 4 out and throw them as far as you can. I to lost mine first spring while changing winter tires to summer, the damn thing fell in the snow bank along my driveway and never found it even when snow was gone. Can you believe this !

Now I have standard studs on all 4 wheels. If someone wants them, I'll just get nicer ones ??? My MAG wheels are the standard 16 inches. I like them pretty much but personally if I was to steal some, I would go for the 18''. My Opinion !

Luc
Montreal, Canada