Tandem pump pressure findings

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Been meaning to do this for some time but never got around to doing it. There was always a question mark if the Tandem pump has enough fuel pressure underload etc

Stock injector bodies with R783's

Heres the video - excuse the ghetto gauge install lol (the fuel line wasn't long enough.

Best to download the vid.

End result - 8 bar of pressure even at redline :)

Last edited:

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
pretty cool, I'll be interested to see what mine is making

tomtom1989

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Golf MkV
What thread is the test port on the pump?

I'm having problems with hard starting and would like to check the pressure. I'm an instrument technician so i have access to gauges and fittings but not sure what thread i need?

or is there a cheap test kit that would be easier to buy? a lot i have seen are very expensive

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
What thread is the test port on the pump?

I'm having problems with hard starting and would like to check the pressure. I'm an instrument technician so i have access to gauges and fittings but not sure what thread i need?

or is there a cheap test kit that would be easier to buy? a lot i have seen are very expensive
dont start at the tandem pump - start with the intank lift pump - my money sez that it'd dead and not working.

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
yes, M10 straight thread..same as oil pressure sender hole. You need to use a bango bolt to do the test.

tomtom1989

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Golf MkV
Thanks, although i can't find any 10mm fittings that will get me to something i can use like wade or BSP so i might see if i can take it to a local garage that will have the propper tools to test it for me.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Just to be clear i done this test to ensure I had enough fuel pressure through out the rev range with bigger nozzles for the power target - not for starting issues etc.

Cheers

tomtom1989

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Golf MkV
Yea, i gathered, i just picked it up on a search looking for where to attach the port. (also noticed it on another forum aswell :p)