Which dealership for emissions modification?

CarlosF

TDI
2010 GSW TDI DSG Blue Graphite
There is no VW dealership where I live so the modifications will have to be done somewhere down south and I'm wondering where. I don't have much confidence in any of the ones in BC that I've been to. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
What do you mean by modifications? Are you talking engine performance upgrades? Or things like suspension, brake or exhaust mods? Not many VW dealerships will do things like this. You'll have a to find an independent shop to get this type of work done because VW dealers won't do them for liability reasons.

Your best bet my be making a trip to the Vancouver area, or maybe Calgary. There's a few options in both cities.

CarlosF

TDI
I'm referring to the 2.0 Gen 1 fix. I'll likely be taking it in to a dealership in the Vancouver area during our Winter road trip south. It doesn't sound like Capilano VW is the place to go so I was wondering where else would someone recommend?

CarlosF

TDI
So the prevailing online opinion is that Clarkdale VW is the place to go to in the lower mainland. I'm at the "schedule your appointment to complete the Approved Emissions Modification. An Emissions Modification for your vehicle is not yet approved by regulators." stage on the Claims Portal. Hopefully I'll be able to schedule an appointment for December.