Who has a Vag-com, scan tool, and where?

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
godlike, i hope you have not started yet, because i just finished. couldn't sleep so i started and just new when i got to the end i would see something like what you have jsut posted

point is, i am now down with it in Excel

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Garrett, Please add my name to the list. I'll have my VAG-COM any day.
It's in the mail...on its way to me now.
I live in the Augusta, Bruswick area of Maine. Will assist anyone that needs to reset a cel.
just E-mail me and we'll set up a time....
Herm

DubCollector

TDI
2000 NB, 2002 Golf-RIP
Just got the ross-tech cable and installed the vag-com software on my laptop. Also have the paper Bentley manual,1999-2002. Little Suamico, WI.

Kenneth

Dust

Add me to the list, I have a VAG-COM, laptop, Bentley Manual, waiting for CD in the mail.

Dave

Got the CD now.

[ April 18, 2002, 08:39: Message edited by: Dust ]

jrochate

I also have one... Faro, Algarve, Portugal...

And I ask this question again:
- Is there any on-line "knowledge base" about the use of VAG-COM on TDI's?
I'm a user of Ross's mail list, but I think it would be very useful a site with compiled information... For example:
* Explanation and use of VAG-COM groups
* Samples of log files
* Most frequent DTC's and their meaning
* Diags

Cheers

wolfman

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d, Passat 2013 TDI SEL; Former - 1999 Jetta TDI, 1994 GMC Sierra 6.5 TD, 1983 Ford 6.9 IDI, 1986 Chevy 6.2 Diesel Pickup, VW Rabbit Diesel pickup
columbus, ohio - VAG COM

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
Well, I was about 3/4 of the way through entering this thread into an Access database when I got to garrett's and godlike's messages.

Since I've already got most of it entered, I'm going to finish up. The contents of this thread has been put into an Access database and will be put online here in the next day or two. It doesn't hurt to have multiple copies of the information floating around. Since I'm a lazy bastard the web page will eventually give you the option of adding yourself to the list (just like the Premium Diesel list, the VW Dealer list, and the Racor CCV3500 Group Buy list for those who might have used one of those pages before). The only real feature it'll have at the moment will be the ability to do searches by state.

I'm interested in coordinating efforts with garrett and/or godlike if they want to grab my database to make their data entry easier.

Also, if you've posted to this thread, it'd be helpful if you could check the webpage and let me know of any corrections that need to be made to your information.

bowlerman

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta tdi black
have vag-com and laptop and am in NJ for summer then CT for other 9 months!! anybody can email me to use it or to get people together to learn stuff.

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
Beowulf,

Tried to add myself to your list but was unsuccessful (something about state_abbr incomplete or some such nonsense). Anyway, I have the VAG-COM on my laptop. I also have the Bentley book and CD for the 99-02 Jetta, Golf, and GTI.

MCA

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
This online application should be fully operational now. Unless explicitly stated
otherwise in an email from me, I haven't added
anyone who's responded to this thread since my
last post. If I have time I'll do it this
weekend or maybe at work on Tuesday.

If you're feeling plucky, you can use the
submission form to add yourself.

There are a number of users in the database
whose cities I don't have, so if you've replied
to this thread, please double-check your entry for accuracy.

Thanks.

Turbo Diesel-x

TDI
Passat,1997,gray (sold :()
Originally posted by wyseguy:
I have got the vag-com, vwtool, interface, and a laptop if anyone in Northern Michigan (Traverse City) needs a peek at there car.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I live in the caribbean, and here it will be useful for me to have the tool and the vag-com, how much does it cost, the software and the cable?

I already have a laptop,,

Thanks a lot....

'97 PASSAT TDI

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
just got one in New Braunfels, TX. smack dab in between San Antonio and Austin. Looking for people interested in biodiesel too.
well, I have one but my computer is'nt fast enough to run it. I'm dumping stuff as fast as I can. I'll re-edit this post when I get it working.

[ August 20, 2002, 15:43: Message edited by: runonbeer ]