New 2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Sedan $19,997 !

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
I just came across this Jetta TDI on Autotrader. I wonder if this is for real? This is a $4288 discount off MSRP. If Dealers are having to discount this much I can't wait to see what the TDI Value Editions will go for.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ansmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&mmt=[VOLKS[JET[]][]]&modelCode1=JET&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&showcaseOwnerId=0&makeCode1=VOLKS&startYear=2014&searchRadius=0&listingId=355381483&listingIndex=1&Log=0

QQueenie

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
FWIW, I'm a total newb and I just got a new 2014 Jetta TDI with Premium for $4k+ under MSRP. I'm not sure if that's unusual or if I should have done better, but there you have it; that kind of discount is definitely doable.

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6 speed (Bought Back)
FWIW, I'm a total newb and I just got a new 2014 Jetta TDI with Premium for $4k+ under MSRP. I'm not sure if that's unusual or if I should have done better, but there you have it; that kind of discount is definitely doable.

See thats a newb mistake, how do you sleep at night knowing that poor salesperson cant feed their kids dinner????

:p Nice deal sir.

QQueenie

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Where did you buy it??
Pohanka VW in Capitol Heights, MD. The dealer is building a permanent building but they are currently operating out of a trailer parked on the lot of Pohanka Hyundai. (I know it sounds sketchy, but they are a certified VW dealer.) I think they are willing to make great deals due to their lack of fixed facilities. I worked with Faith and everyone there seemed pretty nice. It was a relatively painless process with most negotiation taking place over email. I'd recommend it if you don't mind the fact that they don't have a big fancy building yet.

Don't worry, there is still free coffee. ;)

Last edited:

QQueenie

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
See thats a newb mistake, how do you sleep at night knowing that poor salesperson cant feed their kids dinner????

:p Nice deal sir.
Ha! I told another dealer with whom I was negotiating (but whose final out-the-door price was about $2k higher than I ended up paying) of the price I ended up getting and she told me I should send the dealership a fruit basket. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
That's about right in our area. There are so many VW dealers within a 100 mile radius that they have to competitively price their cars or else the customer will just go somewhere else.

V-Rod

Veteran Member
TDI
2014, 06 Jetta TDI Auto
You guys are lucky to have so many VW dealers!!! I paid $800 less then sticker.

It is super expensive to fly out of ND, just wouldn't have payed for my time to fly out east and drive one home:mad: