CHANGES!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
What the heck happened? Where am I? Is this TDIClub.com?

Yup, this is still TDIClub.com. What happened. Well I've finally implemented a number of changes I have been working on for the last few months. These are the different changes:

1) Upgraded to the new version of the forums software. This was a major rewrite and things are no longer stored as html files. I should have the old html files liking to the new addresses shortly. What kind of new features are there? Well,
* Update your profiles, there is a long more info you can add.
* You only need to log in once. No longer do you need to enter your username password each time you post.
* Better (hopefully) backend.
* Lots of other little stuff

2) More message Sections. A larger GTG sections. Including a section to talk about more regional items events. We will be TRYING for the next 60 days allowing other languages to be spoken in these sections. A new Message FAQ section is being implemented. Much to be added to this soon.

3) A NEW LOOK. Probably the most noticable change. Hope you like it. Please leave comments in the News Section. I'd also like to thanks Sprockets for the new logo.

Fred

[ March 24, 2001: Message edited by: ]

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
PS, let me know any problems. It may be a bit slow over the next few days as the "caching" is built. I'm also fixing a number of things as we go.

dutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Bora
Fred, This is wonderful. I love it... the setup now is better. It looks more professional. Great work. Keep it going.
Hope to see you in April at the Vancouver GTG

Andre

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Great job on the new look! Kudos to Sprockets as well on the new logo!

Keep it up!

- Don

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
COOL! or is it KEWL? Well, which ever it is I like it. I like the new logo, gives the whole site a smoother more upscale look.

Brian, 97 Passat TDI

willys

Veteran Member
TDI
HAD A '01 GLS JETTA, STUCK WITH A PRIUS :-(
Well Fred - I think you have outdone yourself this time !! Always something new eh?

I think it will be a short time but we'll all get our bearings soon enough. It was 2am when I saw the page for the first time and then i couldn't get to sleep - I was so shocked !!
null

DCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5SPEED
Kewl! I just found it at 7:45 this morning. I had to post this to see what number I am.
I have to go cruise around and check out the new digs.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
You have provided an attractive face lift to your page. The Graphic TDICLUB is great. Seems to load faster, too. Thanks for all the contributions to the TDI Community, Fred. My best to you and Nicole.

DEZ

blue909

Veteran Member
Thanks Fred for all of your continued efforts.... TDI club IS one of the best parts of owning a TDI. Re: the changes to the look of the site... tho' my first impression was not exclusively overwhelmingly positive (I -really- liked the earlier -simple- black-and-white layout, guess it goes with my minimalist leanings) I'm already used to the new look. I'm sure a few bits will get refined as time goes by, making it even easier to use.

Thanks again for all of your work (and thanks to Sprockets and anyone else who helped). Great job.

blue909

Hesh

Veteran Member
It wasn't viewable under my browser (Opera) -- everything was about 20x normal size. I've downgraded ;-) to IE to post this.

Chris

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Ok where did the daily posts listing go to.
I used that to see all the new posts by all categories quickly without having to go into each category to see where things are??

Disregard, found it!!!

[ March 25, 2001: Message edited by: The Ripster ]

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
The site looks great Fred! Hope you got some rest after doing all the upgrading!

I'll get that logo looking better soon. (Thanks for the complements on it too, guys, I appreciate it!)

CoolWhiteDude

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 1999, Cool White
Great new look!! What happened to the General Discussions(non TDI)? I was on it earlier today but can't find it tonight. I'm terribly addicted to Fred's.