Gen II 3.0 Group2.0 speculation

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
Looking forward for this date and just be done with it.

I change my car every few months, so I'm looking forward to get another vehicle while I'm waiting for my Model 3 to show up on my door. May be a gasser x5.

one.nine

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI
Looking forward for this date and just be done with it.
I change my car every few months, so I'm looking forward to get another vehicle while I'm waiting for my Model 3 to show up on my door. May be a gasser x5.
Model 3. Hahaha. Good luck. Canceled mine, sitting in my leased Bolt and love it. As much as I’m a fan of tesla, Elon lies a bit. I had to support the bow tie on the Bolt. I agree tho, can’t wait to be done with the PC groupo.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
Model 3. Hahaha. Good luck. Canceled mine, sitting in my leased Bolt and love it. As much as I’m a fan of tesla, Elon lies a bit. I had to support the bow tie on the Bolt. I agree tho, can’t wait to be done with the PC groupo.
There was a very nice lease deal that I was offered a few weeks ago - Chevy bolt for $200 a month.
However tempting that deal was, I wanted to wait out until this TDI odyssey was over. Besides, I didn't want to drive that hideous car. Only the black color looks better to be honest. I really don't understand GM, with all the resources that they have, they still managed to make the ugliest looking EV on the market (I think Nissan Leaf looks slightly better than Bolt).

one.nine

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI
There was a very nice lease deal that I was offered a few weeks ago - Chevy bolt for $200 a month.
However tempting that deal was, I wanted to wait out until this TDI odyssey was over. Besides, I didn't want to drive that hideous car. Only the black color looks better to be honest. I really don't understand GM, with all the resources that they have, they still managed to make the ugliest looking EV on the market (I think Nissan Leaf looks slightly better than Bolt).
I got a smokin lease deal, $250/month for 15k/miles per year. Plus 2500 back from CA and $600 from electric utility. I put down $2k. I’m up $1100 for signing the lease deal. Ugly, absolutely. HOV lane....makes all those beautiful cars parked in traffic nice to look at as I get home sooner without ever going to a gas station or in for an oil change. Ugly, absolutely. I’ll never wash it, and I’ll be sad to let it go as I lease another in 2020. It’s more roomy inside than my q5, and just as fun to drive. Really, it is fast. Just my $.02

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
I got a smokin lease deal, $250/month for 15k/miles per year. Plus 2500 back from CA and $600 from electric utility. I put down $2k. I’m up $1100 for signing the lease deal. Ugly, absolutely. HOV lane....makes all those beautiful cars parked in traffic nice to look at as I get home sooner without ever going to a gas station or in for an oil change. Ugly, absolutely. I’ll never wash it, and I’ll be sad to let it go as I lease another in 2020. It’s more roomy inside than my q5, and just as fun to drive. Really, it is fast. Just my $.02
Yes, I agree that it is a very functional car today. My one and only complaint about that was the looks. I think all the did was used the volt's body, raised a roof a couple inches.

BTW, is there any news as to if we can expect any news for the PC class on Dec 20th? I have been checking the courts document but nothing in there that affects us. There is nothing on the EPA/CARB site as well.
http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl

Last edited:

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
BTW, is there any news as to if we can expect any news for the PC class on Dec 20th? I have been checking the courts document but nothing in there that affects us. There is nothing on the EPA/CARB site as well.
http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl
The fix will be announced on Dec 20th there is no incentive or reason for them to announce before then even though the fix is already likely approved. The biggest give away the fix will be approved is that the last request from the epa for docs was months ago with no additional request for docs or info since then it would signal they have all they need to approve the fix.

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
EPA (bureaucrats) release fix, not VW/Audi.. so they have no reason to do anything before deadline, and like every other fix ever released, there will be no indication that its coming until they do it..

For example when the 3.0L SUV fixes came, there had not been any indication the fix was coming until about lunchtime on the due date.. looking for hints is a waste of time.. Even if December 20th comes and goes without a peep; it does not trigger a buyback, you'll be waiting til March until that bomb drops..

Lionel_Hutz

TDI
Touareg
We had our 2013 fixed this week and have already received the payment email from VW. How is the Bosch payment working for these cars? When I spoke to the VW helpline they told us the Bosch settlement would be automatically processed along with VW, but we haven't heard a peep from Bosch.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
We had our 2013 fixed this week and have already received the payment email from VW. How is the Bosch payment working for these cars? When I spoke to the VW helpline they told us the Bosch settlement would be automatically processed along with VW, but we haven't heard a peep from Bosch.
VW helpline....good one!!

VW seems to be releasing batches of VIN's to Bosch for payment. There seems to be no rhyme or reasoning behind the releases.

911c4fan

TDI
2014 A6, 2016 A7, 2014A8L, 2014Q5, 2016Q5, 2013 Q7, 2014Q7, 2014Q7, 2013Q7, 2015 Q5, 2016 Q5 Prestige S line
VW helpline....good one!!
VW seems to be releasing batches of VIN's to Bosch for payment. There seems to be no rhyme or reasoning behind the releases.
For anyone here that has not called the "helpline", you owe it to yourself to do so. That way, if you ever decide to wander onto a car lot operated by any Volkswagen/Audi dealer in the future, you can play back the conversation in your head, and then you can't blame your wife, friend, or Car and Driver (C and D used to be my go to for blame after spending stupid money on some rubber, metal, plastic, glass, and leather that makes my heart beat just a little faster. You have to admit their editorials and writers are excellent)

After they have been absolutely no help whatsoever in any capacity, they apologize two or three ways about the delay and the process, and the situation. Then they ask if they can of any FURTHER help (like there was some previous help, but you missed it), or ask if you have any other questions (yes i would like to ask another question because the way you told me you were unable to answer any of the previous ones was so eloquent I want to hear a new version of "I can't answer that").

opsx

TDI
tdi
Funny, but I think we all know that the helpline is for regular people - not speculators. If you need actual help then just contact the law firm in charge of this case and find someone there who will actually look into your claim(s) for you. Right? :)