Honda Common Rail TDI

dieselmeister

TDI
Jetta, 99, Black....Passat, 04, Silverstone Grey
Honda recently introduced a 2.2Liter Common Rail TDI for the European market only
. Given the superior quality, durability, and reliability of Honda Vehicles to their German counter-parts,(If you doubt my statement on the quality issue, just check consumer reports and see who consistently shows up #1....it's not any German manufacturer!) I would love to see a Honda TDI made availabe in the USA. While I love my 99 Jetta TDI as it turns the 103,000 mile mark, the electrical problems, inferior paint job, and other (be it small) quality issues, annoy me to death
and leave me longing for the over-all superior quality of a Honda or Toyota. Does any one hear what I'm saying? And has anyone heard any romours of Honda, Nissan, or toyota introducing a TDI for the US market?

Sincerely,

Dieselmeister

JRB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Indigo Blue
If they felt as good or better than VW's I might consider it! When I test drove a civic, I hated it and loved the VW...I'd take a VW over a Honda diesel....

[ December 29, 2002, 16:20: Message edited by: Jeff B ]

JohnTDI

TDI
Seat LEON
I'v been driving a Golf 2000 TDI for a year and half now, love it!!! Great car!! Perfect!

Before that I had a Honda Accord, now that was a real PITA!
And I mean a real PITA!
I got it new, had it for a year and drove 37Kmiles and went about 20 times (within a year) to the dealer with all kinds of problems and they never could seem to fix some of them; man I hated that car in the end...

Got me a TDI and I love it!!

Will never drive anything else..