San Fransico to the Yukon

yukoners

TDI
WANNA BE
Just bought a 05.5 Jetta TDI in San Fransico and drove it back to the Yukon average speed 60 mph and obtained 47.5 MPG!!! Drove the 6 inches of fresh snow on the way with summer tires FUN!:)

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Congrats on your new purchase! Your mileage will still improve with time, and you rright foot can be either your best friend or your worst enemy when it comes to mileage! Welcome to the club.

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
yukoners said:
Just bought a 05.5 Jetta TDI in San Fransico and drove it back to the Yukon average speed 60 mph and obtained 47.5 MPG!!! Drove the 6 inches of fresh snow on the way with summer tires FUN!:)
__. What time of the year did you see 6" (or is that 14.1765 cm????) of fresh snow on the roads? What roads did you drive north? I'm planning an "Al-Can" summer next year and the last thing I want is "summer == snow"!!!!

Howler

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI
funny, I bought a 04 Jetta TDI wagon in Anchorage and drove it south about 3 weeks ago. No snow, but plenty of frost heave to challenge the suspension. Now I'm going to get a skid plate, and you might want one also, as the ice chunks off the trucks can destroy your oil pan.