Door control module maybe???

Sttb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat tdi, 2001 jetta tdi, 2002 golf tdi auto:(
Working on a 06 tdi jetta.

Ok so I repaired all the broken wires in the drives door and it still don't work. Well when I first plug-in the harness the driver side window will work for a few minutes and then quit. It will do that every single time consistently. I am getting a code from vcds 01331 (door control module, no communication).

Has anyone seen this proble before to point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Last edited:

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
I had an issue with a bad switch causing what you are seeing. Try only plugging in the window switch for that door. Wish I could be of more help but thats my only experience.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Replace the harness first. Repairing them is like reconditioning used toilet paper. Besides, many times the internal wires can break INSIDE the insulation, and unless you REALLY check them carefully with some sort of consumer on them while watching a voltage drop, you'll never find the problem. And the repairs, even when they are successful at first, never last for long.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
My driver's side window would only work on the automatic down mode until I replaced the entire switch. I too had a no communication DTC, but can't remember the number.