mk1 caddy pickup TDI conversion problem

TDI
Polo Estate TDI
hi there, i have a mk1 caddy pickup that i have put the 1z TDI engine into, now the engine came out of a seat toledo that i was running for a couple of months and it ran fine, now after putting the engine into the caddy it seems to idle high and not pull very well untill you r high up in the revs, any help would be great, thanks

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
what year is the caddy? which transmission did you use, the one from the caddy or the one from the Seat? was it a diesel powered caddy before? or was it a gas powered caddy? Did you use the gasser trany?

TDI
Polo Estate TDI
the caddy is a 1992, i used the gearbox out of the seat, i put the hole lot in as 1 unit, the caddy was a 1.6D before i started, sorry but wat do u mean by gasser trany. cheers

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
Gear ratio. Just thought that might be your problem...

TDI
Polo Estate TDI
ah i see, no it cant be that since its the same box i used from seat otherwise the seat would have been the same, its more the engine side of things i think, especially with it idling to high

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Do you have something to run diagnostics and engine codes?

I'd look at the codes that its throwing first and then I'd review the MAF requested and actual, MAP and other issues.