New car and a couple of questions

superskid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2012 TDI with 24K on it. Platinum grey full load w/ NAV. I've been waiting for the right deal to finally replace my 2003 TDI that was written off 2 years ago.

I stripped some old mods off my old car before the wreckers picked it up and I am wondering if any of the parts will fit my new TDI or I should be selling these parts on the forum?

1.) By-pass oil filter with the metal return line
2.) 2 micron fuel filter upgrade (bracket and filters)
3.) Aluminum skid plate (no hole for oil changes)
4.) Lots of German made oil filters
5.) TDIheater (frostheater)
6.) CCV Old Navy filter

That's all that I can think of for now, I am open to offers on any of the above parts if they don't fit my new car. They would be shipping from Canada.

Last edited:

superskid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Just a friendly bump, this stuff is all still taking up space and I have no idea if it will work with my new car or not?

Thanks,

RDC98tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta 6MT Prem / (RIP) '98 Jetta 5MT [280k+mi]
I wouldn't imagine any of these would work on these motors -- not sure about the 2micron kit. It might work with some adaption though.

Might have better luck selling in the for sale section haha.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
I'd ask the guy who makes the 2 micron kit.... Not sure in the owners manual specs out what oil filters can be used, but that might be a good reference. I doubt the skid plate from a MK4 will fit a MK6, but you might be able to modify it to fit, but that could be a tedious task! Not sure what a CCV is...

RDC98tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta 6MT Prem / (RIP) '98 Jetta 5MT [280k+mi]
Crank Case Ventilation.. I really down the two systems are compatible, but I'm not too familiar with the CCV system on either vehicle.