Window roll down/up from key fob

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I leave the headlights on all the time and now, the car shuts them off automatically after like 1 or 2 minutes from when the car was turned off. Very nice!

I want to say that I managed to change the temp setting in the display back to °F from °C, using the MFD/MFA (whatever you call it).

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
If the MFD can do it, long coding should be able to do it as well.

it was a metrics option I want to say (Its been so long since I've been in my car I forgot), I could change KM to MI (MI was default) and F to C, along with 12 or 24 hour time.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Midnight Rider said:
Activate "comfort function automatic closing" picture one in Pelican's post, Bit 6.

Thanks again Pelican!
So as below Byte 6, Bit 6 then ehh? Must go add that to mine as well. +1 Thanks Pelican
Pelican18TQA4 said:
Here are screenshots of my coding (click for larger pics):

Midnight Rider said:
So what differences did it make when you reprogrammed it to be in the UK?? Anything negative??

Thanks to you too!!
In addition to the other features kcfoxie mentioned you also gain access to the flash to pass feature. This also enables you to run four Hi-beams at once. The HID highs with the H7 halogen highs together at the same time, well that is should you have upgraded to HIDs. If you have fogs there is also some coding to allow you to run the fogs with your headlights and high beams as well so 6 lights total at once...;)

Gotta love UK settings. And like kcfoxie said you can change your instrument cluster back to *F and non 24:00 military time (or any other configuration) with the MFA+ and multifunction wheel or wiper stalk while still in UK settings should you car be equipped with that cluster as well. :cool:

Midnight Rider

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
SBAtdijetta said:
So as below Byte 6, Bit 6 then ehh? Must go add that to mine as well. +1 Thanks Pelican
Don' think it was in the exact same location with mine, but it was in the first few Bytes somewhere.

SBAtdijetta said:
In addition to the other features kcfoxie mentioned you also gain access to the flash to pass feature. This also enables you to run four Hi-beams at once. The HID highs with the H7 halogen highs together at the same time, well that is should you have upgraded to HIDs. If you have fogs there is also some coding to allow you to run the fogs with your headlights and high beams as well so 6 lights total at once...;)

Gotta love UK settings. And like kcfoxie said you can change your instrument cluster back to *F and non 24:00 military time (or any other configuration) with the MFA+ and multifunction wheel or wiper stalk while still in UK settings should you car be equipped with that cluster as well. :cool:
Cool, I will have to go dig around in the coding... thanks to all of you!

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6 manual Gone! V6 Mustang now.
So why do you suppose Vdub suppressed this function?
So they can sell a more expensive car that does do this?
Because they worry about excessive wear on the window regulator?
Seems to me that it is cheap and easy to implement, and a "catchy" feature for the sales team. Why suppress it?

BTW, vag com is now on the short list for me! Anyone know if a netbook is powerful enough for it?

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
Yes any netbook will be sufficient to run vagcom. I know several asus 9's with vagcom running on them.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Turbine Suburban said:
So why do you suppose Vdub suppressed this function?
So they can sell a more expensive car that does do this?
Because they worry about excessive wear on the window regulator?
Seems to me that it is cheap and easy to implement, and a "catchy" feature for the sales team. Why suppress it?

BTW, vag com is now on the short list for me! Anyone know if a netbook is powerful enough for it?
I get what you are saying, but little premium features are sometimes left off because we don't have an Audi badge ;) I think.

The window feature is sort of already there as you can do it by sticking the key in to the door lock and turning it, but I agree the "key fob mod" should have been done from the factory.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
Programmed a fellow TDI Club member's JSW tonight and the remote auto-up works great. Something neat we found out is that not only will the panoramic roof close, but the sunshade closes too!

Midnight Rider

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
Pelican18TQA4 said:
Programmed a fellow TDI Club member's JSW tonight and the remote auto-up works great. Something neat we found out is that not only will the panoramic roof close, but the sunshade closes too!
Wow, never noticed that. But then again I tested it once, and gave the keys back to my wife... Doubt she ever uses the feature, but hey!:D:D

J-Bob

TDI
'09 JSW TDI
THANK YOU, Pelican18TQA4

Pelican18TQA4 said:
High five to Pelican18TQA4 for helping me out! I saw it all work as he said and tried it out myself (twice) when I got home. Thanks a million!:D

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
kcfoxie said:
I have Leaving Home/Coming Home enabled on my non-automatic headlights on my car thanks to that change in the cluster's coding.
Leaving home / coming home can be enabled in the CCM without changing the coding of the cluster AFAIK, and it works with the US headlight switch if you leave the operation set to "Personalization" vs. "Light Sensor".

Thumb through the long coding on module 46 and you will see this.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
dzcad90 said:
Leaving home / coming home can be enabled in the CCM without changing the coding of the cluster AFAIK, and it works with the US headlight switch if you leave the operation set to "Personalization" vs. "Light Sensor".

Thumb through the long coding on module 46 and you will see this.

Sorry.. The coding is actually on Module 09 - Central Electric. I enabled this on my Jetta this afternoon.

Midnight Rider

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD
dzcad90 said:
Sorry.. The coding is actually on Module 09 - Central Electric. I enabled this on my Jetta this afternoon.
Sorry, I can't get it to work in US instrument setting. Must be a CCM version difference. If I use US settings my leaving home work but coming home do not. Also I loose the automatic headlights, which I have grown rather fond of. In UK setting my lights go on when I unlock the car till 30 seconds after I lock the car when leaving it. I like that. And I still use the stock US headlight switch and can turn off my lights with the 0 position, DRL disabled.

And another nice thing is that the seat belt chime no longer chimes while standing still, very annoying while playing with VCDS, but comes on while driving instead.

But I guess everyone is different...

BTW, still have not found the coding for the temperature from °C to °F or the 12 and 24 hour clocks. If anyone has any info, let me know! Thanks!

Last edited:

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Midnight Rider said:
Sorry, I can't get it to work in US instrument setting. Must be a CCM version difference. If I use US settings my leaving home work but coming home do not. Also I loose the automatic headlights, which I have grown rather fond of. In UK setting my lights go on when I unlock the car till 30 seconds after I lock the car when leaving it. I like that. And I still use the stock US headlight switch and can turn off my lights with the 0 position, DRL disabled.

And another nice thing is that the seat belt chime no longer chimes while standing still, very annoying while playing with VCDS, but comes on while driving instead.

But I guess everyone is different...

BTW, still have not found the coding for the temperature from °C to °F or the 12 and 24 hour clocks. If anyone has any info, let me know! Thanks!
I must stand corrected here.

I enabled the coming home feature and didn't try it until tonight. Left lights on, but they did not shut off in ten seconds when I left them on after coming home from dinner. I will play with it a bit more in the morning.

HeAvYfUeL

Veteran Member
TDI
2009, Golf Variant, DSG
I also activated Coming/Leaving Home. The leaving home works with the euro switch in on/off position. I put it on 30 seconds but maybe I will put it on 60 sec. later. The coming home does not work. Light switches off as soon as I take out the key. The windows roll down/up with the key fob. But to keep them from going up I have to keep the button presses. I know I have to enable convenience closing in VCDS, but I'm working on that. When I switched to cluster to EU I got the 24 hours clock. No more beeeeeep for the seat belt, only a flashing icon. That's what I have done until now with the VCDS.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
HeAvYfUeL said:
The coming home does not work. Light switches off as soon as I take out the key. The windows roll down/up with the key fob. But to keep them from going up I have to keep the button presses. I know I have to enable convenience closing in VCDS, but I'm working on that.
Same result, only sans Euroswitch.

I'm going to try and order the Euroswitch that has the automatic lights and see what that does for me sometime in the future. I'd really like to go balls out and get the lightsensor and auto-dimming rear view mirror and just knock it out that way.

Auto close works great!! I enabled this yesterday.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
For those with the JSW (and without a MFSW), check your owner's manual for information about changing the clock from 12/24 and temp from C/F. With the MFSW it's just a matter of going into the MFD and making the changes, but I know the MFD menus are a little different without the MFSW in terms of where you access things, etc.

Orygun

TDI
'10 Jetta sedan, '11 Jetta Sportwagen
Pelican18TQA4 said:
For those with the JSW (and without a MFSW), check your owner's manual for information about changing the clock from 12/24 and temp from C/F. With the MFSW it's just a matter of going into the MFD and making the changes, but I know the MFD menus are a little different without the MFSW in terms of where you access things, etc.
One of the things I didn't pick up from the manual (it's probably in there, but I didn't see it) is how to enter the menu system in the JSW's MFD. I finally found out when I installed the Fiscon bluetooth.

To enter setup menus on the JSW without MFSW (which means every one in the U.S.) press the rocker switch on the outside of the right hand stalk "up" for a few seconds and the menu system will appear in your MFD. Press the rocker switch up or down to highlight the item you want and press the button on the bottom of the stalk to select it. The unit conversions (temperature and distance) are in "SETUP", under "Units". The clock settings are in "SETUP" under "TIME".

Last edited:

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
Can someone walk me through this, or at least give me an inkling of what is needed?
I have the vag com /micro can on a netbook running xp.
Where would I begin looking up how to enable this feature? (Or any other neat feature, like turning my seat belt chime off)
EDIT: Found this:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Golf5.html

Last edited:

clem151

TDI
'09 Jetta
I think this thread might need to be renamed "UK cluster setting" or something.

A few things I noticed that have not been stated yet:

1) UK setting makes MPG miles per Imperial Gallon. You can change it in the MFG back to Miles per US Gallon.
2) UK setting enables parking lamp function. If you turn the key off and put the turn signal to left or right, it will turn on that side's parking lamps. Useful for narrow UK streets at night.
3) UK setting makes headlamp function key on/off dependent.

I'd like to see what the other "regional" settings do.

Last edited:

penman236

TDI
'09 Jetta SportWagen 2.0 TDI
Thanks to the previous posts I was able to change my cluster to "UK" and turn on the "coming home" and "leaving home" options. The "coming home" works with the non-auto headlight switch in the "on" position and shuts the lights off per time set. However I don't understand what the "leaving home" does. Anyone know? Also was able to set the "all up" from remote by waiting until they start up, then I can release the remote button. However "all down" makes me hold the remote button until all are down. Does anyone know how to make this work like "all up"? If the headlights come on whenever the ignition is on, should I disable the DRL? Thanks for all the great information in this post.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
penman236 said:
Thanks to the previous posts I was able to change my cluster to "UK" and turn on the "coming home" and "leaving home" options. The "coming home" works with the non-auto headlight switch in the "on" position and shuts the lights off per time set. However I don't understand what the "leaving home" does. Anyone know? Also was able to set the "all up" from remote by waiting until they start up, then I can release the remote button. However "all down" makes me hold the remote button until all are down. Does anyone know how to make this work like "all up"? If the headlights come on whenever the ignition is on, should I disable the DRL? Thanks for all the great information in this post.
Leaving Home will turn the lights on when you unlock the car; i.e., when you're "leaving home". Not really beneficial during the day, but at night, it can be helpful. Of course, in its OEM application, Leaving Home would only turn the lights on when the rain/light sensor detected that it was dark out. As for the remote windows down, you do have to hold the unlock button to get them to roll all the way down. It's so that you don't accidentally roll the windows down without knowing it. Finally, the headlights will come on when you release the parking brake. If you disable the daytime running lights, this won't happen anymore.

penman236

TDI
'09 Jetta SportWagen 2.0 TDI
Thanks Pelican, I turned on "leaving home" and set a 20sec time in the MFD. Your right, the headlights come on when I unlock the car and will go out after the 20sec delay unless I turn on the ignition. The parking brake seems to have no effect. Makes sense what you said about the "auto down" via the remote. Still tweaking the capabilities of this great car. Great info, thanks.

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
I did this a few weeks ago.
It is a little squirly, in that I have to press and hold the button a couple times to get the windows to roll down/up. But it definitely works.