Rear hatch harness connections

G2 GofF

TDI
2011 Jetta
Fixing the wiring and lock actuator in my 2003 Golf, previous owner removed both the actuator and passenger side wiring for some oddball reason. Got a new harness, repaired the wires and reinstalled. There is a connection for the defroster, lock actuator and a third one that I don't know where to connect. I am assuming whatever it is supposed to be connected to has been removed. Thanks!

Oo-v-oO

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta Expired... Now 2000 Golf & 2002 Golf
Third one is probably CHMSL (3rd brake light).

As I recall, all 3 connectors are on the driver's side, behind the panel just above the CD changer, if so equipped. I believe they are color coded, as well.

Don't forget the ground wires, with ring terminals.

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
I haven't popped mine open, but what's that rattling around when opening and closing the hatch ?:p
KEY works but fob doesn't make any noise/actuation.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Fixing the wiring and lock actuator in my 2003 Golf, previous owner removed both the actuator and passenger side wiring for some oddball reason. Got a new harness, repaired the wires and reinstalled. There is a connection for the defroster, lock actuator and a third one that I don't know where to connect. I am assuming whatever it is supposed to be connected to has been removed. Thanks!
The left side harness goes to:

Rear brake light (2 wire plug)
Defrost (1 wire spade)
Wiper motor (4 wire plug)
Latch ( 2 wire plug)

The right side harness goes to:

Defrost (1 wire spade)
Lock actuator (2 wire plug)
Lock tumbler (2 wire plug)
Washer fluid tubing is in the RH harness as well.

Some good pictures here:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...he_Hatch_Lock_Tumbler_Handle_and_Actuator.htm

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Does your hatch still have the rear wiper or is there a ~1.5" plug in the hole just below the rear glass?

G2 GofF

TDI
2011 Jetta
Everything on the drivers side is intact, including the wiper motor. So the tumbler is there but no wire can be found running to it. What would happen if the tumbler wire isn't installed? The hatch is only intermittently functional, sometimes the handle doesn't grab.

Last edited: