WANTED: Bosio race 683 nozzles to fit v6 tdi engines

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A4B6 AKE(compound in progress)audi a6 AFB(+30% custom nozzles GTX hybrid 2.3bar) golf4 AJM(+300% Biggest PD nozzles gt1756gtx-2.2bar)
Last edited:

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Put the new nozzles and you will be faster.
I just left nozzles to local shop for nozzle install and opening pressure adjustment. Car is everyday running about 700-1000km/week so no time for that quick installs...maybe on my summer vacation on autumn or so. :D

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A4B6 AKE(compound in progress)audi a6 AFB(+30% custom nozzles GTX hybrid 2.3bar) golf4 AJM(+300% Biggest PD nozzles gt1756gtx-2.2bar)
maybe a limit in the pump? or do you see IQ going down in channel 1?
We don't have time to upgrade the cars a lot because we are working on custom nozzles for BMW ,Cummins other brands.And everything is happening so slow and I'm sorry about that.

LongJohn

TDI
A4 B6 2.5TDIq AKE
I'll appreciate everybody who has bought nozzles to give a feedback in a couple of words about quality, power and delivery time. :)
Got my 8x0.19s in last week. Delivery was fast considering distance and nozzles seem to work fine.

There is a slight shake on idle while cold/cool engine but I don't see that too big issue. Only 1,5 bar boost so far because there are other limiting components (first stock DSMIC, stock exhaust and DP, then un-ported heads). Tuned for low smoking. According to programmer there is plenty of potential with these and they are clearly bigger than Iveco nozzles he's used to install for these 2,5TDI engines. 225 bar pop up pressure worked out fine.

Just hope it goes pass yearly inspection this week. Fuel economy is also a good question, that I'll know in upcoming weeks...

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Got my 8x0.19s in last week. Delivery was fast considering distance and nozzles seem to work fine.

There is a slight shake on idle while cold/cool engine but I don't see that too big issue. Only 1,5 bar boost so far because there are other limiting components (first stock DSMIC, stock exhaust and DP, then un-ported heads). Tuned for low smoking. According to programmer there is plenty of potential with these and they are clearly bigger than Iveco nozzles he's used to install for these 2,5TDI engines. 225 bar pop up pressure worked out fine.

Just hope it goes pass yearly inspection this week. Fuel economy is also a good question, that I'll know in upcoming weeks...
1.5bar boost is very low.I drive them on 2.3bar with max fuel to clear the smoke. The biggest +130% we drive on other car on 2.7bar and it doesen't clear the smoke tuned for max fuel.This means that with those 130% you can put really big turbo and no problems with fueling.

LongJohn

TDI
A4 B6 2.5TDIq AKE
1.5bar boost is very low.I drive them on 2.3bar with max fuel to clear the smoke. The biggest +130% we drive on other car on 2.7bar and it doesen't clear the smoke tuned for max fuel.This means that with those 130% you can put really big turbo and no problems with fueling.
Yep but there are currently few non-nozzle or turbo related issues to limit boost. Exhaust is all stock and I don't know how blocked those cats are, IC is stock B6 A4 DSMIC system and so on.. More to come. :)

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
I got my nozzles pop tested and the company that did them said spray pattern was spot on and shimming was very consistent from one nozzle to the next. I've not got them installed yet however. No complaints thus far.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
I got my nozzles pop tested and the company that did them said spray pattern was spot on and shimming was very consistent from one nozzle to the next. I've not got them installed yet however. No complaints thus far.
What are you waiting for Scott ? Show the 1.9Tdi boys what a 6 pot can really do !!! There are so many 2.5 v6 tdi haters out there, at least i do my best to sway them from buying 4 pots engines...

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
I just got fresh dyno results about my current setup. And got some decent numbers to the paper. Only mods I've done is new nozzles (oe. for Cummins from Bosch) and gtx2863r. Ecu is still for vnt setup so maybe little loss at the high end. I've bigger nozzles here waiting for install and test...probably some day on the next week they are installed. :)

Dyno sheets:

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Logical behavior of wg turbo on any gear is pretty nice, even it is bit laggy on low revs. :D
Probably because lower emp car feels much crisp o high revs.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you have a few pictures of how the turbo looks in the engine bay ? Ball bearing gt28 sounds nice however i dread the lag of a wastegated turbo on low revs, had enough of big, laggy VNT turbo's ! I went back to a gt2056 hybrid on my a6 purely as i need it more driveable low down and to be able to clear the smoke under 2000rpm's ! I just got a gtb2260vk which i had converted by Darkside and i am thinking to use that instead just to give it a try ! However it looks far from factory and sit's a little bit higher in the engine bay- the actuator is squashing the foam/sound matting fitted to the bonnet ! Keep up the good work !
Chris

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Sure I have few shots:

It sits currently just a bit too high. We're gonna drop it about 2cm.
Car runs actually quite smooth even on low revs. Of course not that much torque available as it would be with 2260 for example. And the smoke is set to minimum.
I think it will spool better when I put new turbine housing with little less gap to the wheel:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
That's a nice set-up ! I am still puzzled why you went for the wastegated turbo and not used the gtb2260vk, it might give you better overall response but, if it works for you then that's what matters after all !

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Actually I had here gtb2260vk waiting for installing. I didn't have working controller for it and then my vnt broke due manifold failure and needed working new turbo. Saw pretty good priced gt3071r and gave a try. It pulled pretty good just bolted on....decided to have better response with gtx28 and sold gt30 to my friends 1.8t a4. I see 2bar boost @ 3000rpm on 4th gear, so its pretty nice. Over 200nm available beyond 1400rpm....so its really driveable. :)

Last edited:

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Because diffas had some concerns for the quality of our nozzles
I still have some concerns about those. I installed 66% last weekend and we adjusted it to low smoke. We had to reduce wot IQ about 30% from the Cummins nozzle setup to have acceptable smoke. It was almost no smoke at all with cummins nozzles @ 2bar. Now I have 2.3bar and still smokes too much for me. :D Maximum IQ wot is now set to about 39-40mg/str.

Positive thing is that car runs pretty smooth on idle now with high enough opening pressure (~295bar) but still has lots of unburnt fuel haze on it. Idle IQ is sailing between 0.5-3mg/str so maybe even just a bit higer opening pressure would to the trick. :)

Heres first first test with +66% (with ~40mg/str) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5EpccdaHTw&hd=1

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Reduce more IQ.I told you that you won't have problems with IDLE.Need more boost and bigger turbo.Your pump is modified too I forgot about that.Reduce more IQ and it will be good.This turbo is small for the nozzles at max IQ.

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
I still have some concerns about those. I installed 66% last weekend and we adjusted it to low smoke. We had to reduce wot IQ about 30% from the Cummins nozzle setup to have acceptable smoke. It was almost no smoke at all with cummins nozzles @ 2bar. Now I have 2.3bar and still smokes too much for me. :D Maximum IQ wot is now set to about 39-40mg/str.

Positive thing is that car runs pretty smooth on idle now with high enough opening pressure (~295bar) but still has lots of unburnt fuel haze on it. Idle IQ is sailing between 0.5-3mg/str so maybe even just a bit higer opening pressure would to the trick. :)

Heres first first test with +66% (with ~40mg/str) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5EpccdaHTw&hd=1
Bosio race 683 fitted to AFB injectors equals steady iddle and 3.5-4.5 Mg/stroke on idle ! They are +80% and with a lot of fuel pulled under 2000rpm's and almost smoke free with the current gt2056 hybrid and 4 Bar Map sensor ! I am still hitting over boost when pushing it past 4000rpm's in 4th but the car is so nice to drive i would not want anything else ! Had a nice drag race against a tuned prodrive subaru WRX and whilst he pulled on me i gave him a very good run for it's money ! That's in a car weighing 2 tonnes nearly and on 20" wheels ! Pity i have sold the turbo to a forum member- he's coming over the week end for fitting along with a set of power plus 683 nozzles, i will let you know how it goes on his car !

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
someone of zou guys need to find a hino BB turbo like the finns have on that 1.9 pd.. would kick ass on a V6

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bosio race 683 fitted to AFB injectors equals steady iddle and 3.5-4.5 Mg/stroke on idle ! They are +80% and with a lot of fuel pulled under 2000rpm's and almost smoke free with the current gt2056 hybrid and 4 Bar Map sensor ! I am still hitting over boost when pushing it past 4000rpm's in 4th but the ca....
Probably works fine with stock pump. I've modified pump so it runs more fuel. These +66% nozzles are seriously capable close to the 400hp with some NOS or really big boost. We'll adjust ecu sometime in near future. When you already had 300hp you don't want any less. :D

Sometimes I miss my finturbo vnt. It pulled so strongly from 1600rpm->. But thats past now... I also like what happens between 3000-5000 :D

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
someone of zou guys need to find a hino BB turbo like the finns have on that 1.9 pd.. would kick ass on a V6
It's a damn tight fitment to be honest. I've hold on my hands that gtb3576vk and it is pretty huge. I'm not saying that it's impossible... ;)

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
AKE pump will flow as much as AFB pump will flow when modded with AKE head...after running the Bosio race 683 nozzles fitted in AKE injectors i can tell you that having a steady idle is a godsend. Also i can put up with less power as long as it comes in earlier ! Uk has poor roads and speed limit is 70Mph, i can do that in 3rd gear so it's very tempting to put your foot down when on the run !
My tune still needs loads of work, the ECU was encripted so i had to flash original file and start upping the boost and decrease fueling. Some of the SOI maps were all over the place and the engine behaved in a weird manner- after a few tweaks i have a half decent car to drive... That large VNT turbo will need a big sledgehammer to fit inside the engine bay and the lag will be equally big.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
lag might be 'bigger', but over 400 hp worth of air comes always with a grain of salt unless you do 2 turbos or use a positive displacement device for low rpm.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
If i had the time then i would have used a pair of gtb2260vk but that will mean the engine might not stay in one piece for long. Doktorec reported injectors lifting with high PCP, unfortunately there are no uprated bolts for later BDG/BAU/BDH engine due to shallow head design and minute clearance between bolts and cams !
Does anyone makes upgraded rods that will fit this engine ? The rs4 rods look very similar...

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
twin 2260 will spool alot worse then might not run so efficient at the PR needed to make the 500 hp they would support

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
lag might be 'bigger', but over 400 hp worth of air comes always with a grain of salt unless you do 2 turbos or use a positive displacement device for low rpm.
IF I built an big power engine I would put two very small wg turbos and one bigger. But I'm not after big power cause this is my daily driven car that is also used for my day job drives...running about 35000km/year. I'm pretty pleased my current turbosetup. :)

Probably will build new intake and exhaust manifolds in some time to improve flow.

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
If i had the time then i would have used a pair of gtb2260vk but that will mean the engine might not stay in one piece for long. Doktorec reported injectors lifting with high PCP, unfortunately there are no uprated bolts for later BDG/BAU/BDH engine due to shallow head design and minute clearance between bolts and cams !
Does anyone makes upgraded rods that will fit this engine ? The rs4 rods look very similar...
Rods are not a problem.Just put a 1.5mm shim under the plate.That's it.If you don't you will have problems sooner or later.The car will start to make noise like tranin and will not pull hard as it was before.
RS4 rods are not so strong or are the same strenght as 2,5tdi are.Of course I can bet they don't fit.RODS will hold till 800nm and 500hp.Soon I'll show you figures near 400HP with single turbo.