2006 Jetta Bluetooth upgrade?

PredatorVI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I purchased a used 2006 Jetta a few weeks ago and recently upgraded my cell phone to the new HTC EVO 4g with Sprint. My new commute will keep me in the car more than ever and it is probably just a good idea to add a hands-free kit. Having the stick shift also makes hands-free more appealing.

It would be really nice to have a bluetooth system integrated with the stereo but there seems to be so many options and I really hope for a clean setup in terms of functions and capability.

The current stereo is the 6 CD changer w/ MP3 support. I have no controls on the steering wheel.

I hope to have a system in the end with phone and A2DP media playback capabilities.

I think my overall choices are replace the head unit with an OEM system that has integrated BlueTooth, Get a new head unit, or buy an aftermarket add-on.

Questions:
  1. Is there an OEM stereo w/ integrated bluetooth that I should consider that will interface w/ existing 2006 Jetta wiring that does both phone and A2DP?
  2. What aftermarket head units should I seriously consider and can they be installed with a nice OEM look?
  3. What are the best aftermarket bluetooth units that will integrate with the stereo? My wish list of features would include:
    1. Mute stereo during call
    2. A2DP media playback
    3. Direct playback (not via FM radio)
    4. The best integration with the phone's capabilities...which I'm still learning but I assume are state-of-the-art.
I've been leaning toward option 3 and the two most common brand names seem to be Motorola and Parrot but there are numerous options with each brand and particularly with Parrot.

Any advice that can help me focus in on the best direction is very appreciated!

StuMan

TDI
Jetta, 2004, Grey
What did you do

So what did you end up doing for your 2006 Jetta? Mine has a phone/talk button on the steering wheel but no functionality that I can find.