Hey guys! So ya I cant see any pictures on any of the threads?

TDI Wolf

TDI
2000 TDI Beetle
I am especially curious about some of Skypup's mods hes done to his Jetta TDI and New Beetle TDI. I have a 2000 NB TDI with 240,000 on it. Did a mufflerectomy - totally worth it and plan on getting a Wetterauer chip and a better intake. However I wanted to try his turbo-hop-up technique and just wanted to make sure I did it right. But I cant see any pictures! Eee gads. So if any of you savvy forum browsers could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Working towards a Race Ready Beetle,
TDI Wolf

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
You get a little square with a red X in it? The server that had hosted those images may be off-line for some time now. The images might have been deleted by the person that posted them if the server still exists and operates.
SkyPup is an old timer from way, WAY back, but he apparently got a life and moved on. He hasn't been active on Fred's for many years.
And me? I've been here a while too, but I just don't learn and I don't want to grow up.

TDI Wolf

TDI
2000 TDI Beetle
Thanks

LOL ya I saw what Skypups last post dates were indeed way back. Most likely the pictures are just gone. Trying to get my TDI bug up to snuff for racing

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
TDI Wolf said:
LOL ya I saw what Skypups last post dates were indeed way back. Most likely the pictures are just gone. Trying to get my TDI bug up to snuff for racing
What's your HP goal?

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
Correct answer is: Until the motor breaks. And then you build it stronger and do it all over again :D

TDI Wolf

TDI
2000 TDI Beetle
Hrm the possibilities

Im looking to get 125+ with a chip and intake then whatever else it takes to "blow the engine up" cause then you know its fast. So ya I would love some feedback or advice or ideas. My 2000 NB TDI as is... 238,000 miles still getting 50 a gallon, cut the muffler off so now it growls, other than that nada. Its a 5 speed and I like to think Im a very good driver. I push this bug to where people look at me like did he just do that in a bug? So ya if you guys care to offer any advice tips mods or who to buy from I'd love it. Since cutting the muffler off now tho I love the Turbo hoot and whistle, I have no blow off valve but hey I can pull up next to the gas turbos floor it in first then let them hear it spool back down XD love it. Granted my best 0-60 time as is with this stock setup and perfect shifting is between 9.8-10.3 that ive posted I know this bug can go faster and I'm dying to get it there :p

TDI Wolf

TDI
2000 TDI Beetle
Cool

So chip I'm assuming Wetterauer? I feel foolish but I cant figure out how to get to my ECU granted I havnt really tried. For nozzles upgrade to the .205's ? Turbo VNT 17 from my 15 and as for intercooler I have no idea...

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
TDI Wolf said:
So chip I'm assuming Wetterauer? I feel foolish but I cant figure out how to get to my ECU granted I havnt really tried. For nozzles upgrade to the .205's ? Turbo VNT 17 from my 15 and as for intercooler I have no idea...
Wett hasn't been a player in TDI chips for years. Rocketchip, Kerma, Aligator, VWMikeL, Revo, Unitronic are the major and minor players now. Most tuners can chip via the OBDII port (you pay extra for the hardware to do this), some require the ECU to be moved.

205s are way too small, you'd max out at 140 or 150 BHP or so. You'd want PP520s or bigger.

VNT-17 is also a small turbo. You'd want options like the 17/22, 18-series, 20 and 22 series hybrids too.

Oh yeah, clutch and flywheel too.

There are several side-mount ICs and front mount ICs to choose from.

Drop about $5K in mods and you can double or a smidge more the output.

TDI Wolf

TDI
2000 TDI Beetle
Wow

Alrighty lets see got about 2k in the bank atm. I'll look into all the above mentioned. If I had any questions could I feel free to ask you lol?

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
Sure, feel free to send me a PM with any questions.