www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old September 20th, 2018, 17:54   #61
jason_
Veteran Member

It's because the system is detecting the.fob.

I thought the same.

Get the fob away and should work. Mine does.

Turn once, manually turns tumbler to unlock driver door. Immediately let it spring return and unlock again for a 2nd micro switch hit and all doors will unlock, but if the fob is nearby it won't do the 2nd all doors unlock.

It took me a while to find a place inside the car to hide the fob to get everything to function they way its supposed to with the dummy key.

In reality, there shouldn't be a fob emitting any rf or signals, and only input should be from micro switches which should only operate with correct cut key.., In such an unfortunate event both the fob is destroyed and car battery are totally dead, and all yoi have is the physical blade itself.

If the fob is nearby it'll overtake dummy key input (micro switches in door module),. And all you'll achieve is a physical unlock of one door and will ignore anything else digital.

Order of operations. That's my next educated guess without harassing a vw engineer

Now, off topic, holding lock or unlock on door tumbler doesn't roll windows up or down like my 09 did... I'm still poking at that one...

Last edited by jason_; September 20th, 2018 at 18:11.
jason_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 18:20   #62
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Drop it in one of these.

Faraday Bag, Wisdompro RFID Signal Blocking Bag Shielding Pouch Wallet Case for Cell Phone Privacy Protection and Car Key FOB (Black)

https://www.amazon.com/Faraday-Wisdo.../dp/B01HETGX00

That should do it. Many, many varieties available.

Last edited by Lightflyer1; September 20th, 2018 at 18:27.
Lightflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2018, 11:31   #63
nomadic

Ok thanks for the info. Locking Fob in my Jetta glove was far enough away that all doors unlocked. Golf obviously not the same. Will try a bag or putting it someplace else.

I’m also “considering” trading my Golf TDI for a Focus ST. I work from home so don’t “need” a tdi but I like it.

Had a Focus ST and liked it except the ride quality was a bit stiff over less smooth roads. Mine also had an annoying rattle from the get go. Anyway sold it and got a used supercharged Mustang GT. That was an absolute beast but too much power for the street. Always driving in containment mode.

Sold that and got the TDI, bc got a great deal used and thought I’d be more sensible. Will test drive an ST again and listen for rattles and see if I want one again. It’s a fun car, quicker than TDI and sportier and I like the manual in the ST. That said the TDI is also engaging although not being a “hot hatch” and the build quality is better. No rattles from my TDI.
nomadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2018, 12:49   #64
nomadic

Ok stuck the fob the right pocket in the hatch and signal blocked and could unlock all doors with cut key. Putting fob even in rear passenger door didn’t block signal.

So hatch it is or I get the little bag.
nomadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2018, 19:07   #65
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Wrap it in a couple of layers of alumin[i]um foil.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote