www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old July 4th, 2017, 07:33   #31
Locoelectrician
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick240 View Post
It's not burning before the turbo (outside the cylinders). It's burning in the dpf. Along with the trapped soot (carbon).
Ok. So the egt temp is the leftover heat from combustion, raw fuel is mixed with it and the stream cools as it enters the cat. The mixture is then relit when it hits the dpf. Makes more sense now. Thank you.
Locoelectrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2017, 12:59   #32
bobthefarmer
Veteran Member

I have done two consecutive Oil Samples with BlackStone Labs and my fuel dilution measured less than o.5% on both occasions. The Last report on my 2012 CRKA Passat was with 12,600 miles between changes and it had no additions or loss of oil between changes and viscosity was within tolerance. Of course, just about everyone has some Bio-Diesel in the mix. It is EPA.
bobthefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2017, 13:44   #33
Rico567
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthefarmer View Post
I have done two consecutive Oil Samples with BlackStone Labs and my fuel dilution measured less than o.5% on both occasions. The Last report on my 2012 CRKA Passat was with 12,600 miles between changes and it had no additions or loss of oil between changes and viscosity was within tolerance. Of course, just about everyone has some Bio-Diesel in the mix. It is EPA.
^^^^^^
THIS. This is the way to KNOW -not speculate- what the oil's condition is. And it's highly specific, because it says what the oil's condition is for THAT car, driven in THOSE driving conditions, and in the driving style of THAT driver.
Great post.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote