www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old June 14th, 2017, 04:36   #16
740GLE
Veteran Member

Which has been the story for all tuning since like forever, just seems like the huge warranty is making it harder to let go.

BTW those looking for a Malone tune in the US, look at buying from a dealer north of the boarder, the tune is same "dollars" USD vs CAD, so your USD goes 1.32 longer buying the tune.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 16:00   #17
j2112morris

Fuel Economy: 40-45 mpg

I really wanted to tune my '15 but I spoke with Malone many moons back and they don't have a 100% tune for the DSG. If I remember right, I was told, "We've have about 15% of the old DSG tunes work in the '15." For me, the shift points are the most annoying. Sure, I would like the extra power but, for me, it would be misplaced without a proper DSG tune. In addition, the DSG turn cannot be saved the in Flashzilla so, if a dealership were to reflash it, I would be out both time and money to do it again.

If only I lived closer to a tuner.

The "I'm not going to tune because of my warrantee" argument is not mine. I feel confident in the Magnuson-Moss Act they would have a hard time proving any mild thing I would do to the car would cause any issues. Remember, these are raced in Europe and have a great deal of untapped potential.

Drive safe.
j2112morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 17:55   #18
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2017 to end of April 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2112morris View Post
The "I'm not going to tune because of my warrantee" argument is not mine. I feel confident in the Magnuson-Moss Act
That may be OK for the USA but not in CANADA !!!

Jetta_Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 20:42   #19
tadawson
Veteran Member

Magnuson-Moss allows for aftermarket parts that do not substantively change operation. A programming change that completely alters engine operating conditions I seriously doubt would be considered as such for the engine/emissions/powertrain. Other unrelated stuff, sure . . .
tadawson is offline   Reply With Quote