www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old June 15th, 2017, 11:53   #16
jck66
Veteran Member

I was happy with the OEM Conti's but switched to Michelins (premiere A/S IIRC) when it was time (can't beat Costco for tires). My Conti's only lasted around 50k - they weren't really totally worn out but it was October and I didn't want to brave another winter on them, expecially as my kids were learning to drive at that point.
jck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 05:43   #17
jolvi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob u View Post
It's time for me to replace the factory Hankook Optimo tires. These HanKook tires were to noise for me.

I'm looking for a quite, smooth riding and great gas mileage tire.

I'm looking at these three:
Michelin Premier A/S
Continental Truecontact
Pirelli Cintureto P7

What all do you recommend?
Not sure if you have decided or not we went with Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus on 2012 TDI SEL and could not be happier. Place I bought them owner drives a 911 Turbo and his parents both have Passat he says tires were made for car. He is independent dealer so he could get whatever I wanted. Great in wet, snow, when we get it many trips still look new.
jolvi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2017, 10:53   #18
New Mickey
The user formerly known as mickey

TDI(s): 2015 Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
We have been extremely happy with Nokian enTyre 2.0s. They were very very competitively priced and shocked how low they were specially in the 18" variety, I think it was around 600 mounted balanced. They are silent, handle great for an eco tire and tread life seems great, only 30K on them and the "water wear" marks say 60%

Nokians are harder to find but there are two great local shops that have offer great prices and great service.
They are relatively inexpensive, but I wouldn't call them "economy tires." They are world class. I've never had a complaint about Nokians. Especially the snow tires. The Finns know about bad weather.

-mickey
New Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2017, 15:39   #19
j2112morris

Fuel Economy: 40-45 mpg

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. I've put them on the last five cars because I like their price, they have low road noise, and stick like glue.

Drive safe.
j2112morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2017, 23:09   #20
BKmetz
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 45 MPG

I have the Michelin Premier A/S on my car and Pirelli Cinturato P7 on the wife's car. Both are very quiet tires. The difference? The Michelins are more of a touring ride and the Pirellis are a bit more sporting oriented.

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote