removing front driver seat on 2001 Jetta

JES

Can anyone tell me how to remove driver side seat, I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I am concerned because of the airbag in the seat. Thanks for your help.

wyseguy

Veteran Member
TDI
wyseguy100
Disconnect the battery Ground. Pull the seat all the way forward. The two seat rails are covered by plastic trim. Remove the caps (pry them out with a thin flatblade), take the sheet metal screw out of the rear of the trim piece. Repeat this for the other side. Slide each trim rearward to release the front of the trim. Then you should have two exposed body color seat tracks. Slide the seat all the way to the rear. Look towards the center of the front of the seat, and you will see two 13MM Nuts. Remove these and then you will notice that the seat is now loose. Sqeeze the black plastic "prongy thing" with a needle nose pliers while you slide the seat out the rear. After the aluminum support is backed out, rotate the seat onto its back and disconnect the airbag connector and seat heater connector if so equipped. Removeal is the same for the other side of the car, and installation is exactly reversed. I would reccomend against playing with the airbag connector while the battery is hooked up, also make sure that the key is not in the ignition. Hope this helps

JES

Wyseguy,
Thanks very much for the time you took to give me such complete instructions on how to remove the seat, it is much appreciated as is this board and all the great members. Thanks again JES