Question about Switchblade Key

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
I only have one copy of the switchblade key used to open/lock and start my car. Recently i have noticed that i more or less have to be at the door for the remote to work. Probable cause is weak battery - If i open this up and swap out the battery for a new one i just want confirmation that i am not gonna end up wiping the programming thats on this key. These things are expensive enough without having to get ure car towed to the dealer to get everything working again.

thanks for your help

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Whatever you do, do not buy the battery from the stealer at about $ 15.00. Radio Shack or now "The Source" about $ 5.00 or believe it or not some Dollar stores carry the battery or a similar one.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
well i just took my key apart and was surprised to find a lot of difference compared to the write up... the key opened up the same... but different battery's and quantity too!
-------------------

The Battery's needed for this key type are CR1620 and you also need 2 of them!

guess i'll be returning the one listed in the PDF and exchanging for the above. If you have a 2000/2001 Jetta this may be the battery type your looking for!

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
awesome thats for the heads up TDIMAXIMA i was gonna pay 5 dollars each for these... if we ever meet up i owe ya a beer!