Who is interested in a GTG in Maine?

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
It would be in Dexter Maine in the month of October. I need a date that is good for all. I am trying to put together an Oktoberfest type thing with food and all. Let me know.

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2004 Sprinter CDI Passenger (Mid/High), former: 1996 Passat TDI Variant
I'm interested... there are a few people posting on the topic of last week's southeast Mass GTG that they need some minor, pre-winter maintenance done... sounds like a good time/venue to do so.

Chmeeee

Veteran Member
TDI
-
I too am interested, how far of a drive is that from central-ish Mass? I would like to do the ventectomy, and perhaps some rear fog wiring if anybody happens to know how to perform either task.

boucanier

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 BLUE LAGOON
rear fog wiring very easy,
when? where?
i will bring my vag-com and the tool for changing a timming belt

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
Hey Chmeeee, if this thing happens, you can follow me up. That is if you can keep up

CONVOY!!! YeeHaw

[ September 10, 2002, 04:20: Message edited by: BawlsyTDI ]

riddei

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1997, Storm Grey
2 Lights State Park

Portland Headlight (Fort Williams) Park

The first weekend is not good for me. I also do not have much property for such a GTG. The above link's are two beautiful parks that may be appropriate (for a social, rather than technical, GTG).

There are also plenty of microbrew's in town (Portland, ME).

However, a drive through the White Mountains, between Maine and NH would be great during one of the middle two weekends (traffic would be heavy though, due to leaf peepers).

EDITED: I JUST READ THE FIRST POST AGAIN, AND SEE THAT THIS EVENT IS TO BE HELD IN DEXTER, ME. THE 2ND AND 3RD WEEKEND WORK FOR ME.

[ September 10, 2002, 06:42: Message edited by: riddei ]

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
2nd or 3rd weekend works for me too.

~BeetleGo, bio

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
3rd weekend works for me! Just as long as it's not the weekend of the 26th.

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm interested, but traffic and it being foliage season would be terrible. Just one other question... Why Dexter?? I have no problem driving 5 hours to a GTG, but wouldn't meeting at solar market or something be better?? Perhaps those of us coming from the south could meet at solar and head up. What do you guys think?

Chmeeee

Veteran Member
TDI
-
Yikes, just realized how far away Dexter is.
I never seem to be able to fully comprehend how freakin big Maine really is!

Boundless

BANNED
From Hartford, CT to Dexter, ME is 313 miles, about 6.5 hours.

What is the attraction to Dexter?

BTW, I go up there to Bar Harbor about 3 out of every 4 years. Was just up there this past July. It's a haul.

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2004 Sprinter CDI Passenger (Mid/High), former: 1996 Passat TDI Variant
Just out of curiousity, did you actually expect that anyone would vote no on the poll?

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
I may very well be up for this. I have never been to Maine, and I am taking vacation in October (date undetermined) amd was hoping to drive to New England to see the foliage. Give us some details.

riddei

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1997, Storm Grey
Originally posted by Chmeeee:
Yikes, just realized how far away Dexter is.
I never seem to be able to fully comprehend how freakin big Maine really is!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maine is larger than the other 5 new England States put together. Arostook County is larger than CT and RI together.

Living in Portland ME, I am closer to NY City than I am to Fort Kent, ME.

Just an FYI.

Dale Wehrle

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 2 Dr
I'm interested as well - I grew up in Sebec ME. I'm now living in Exile
Perhaps I can finally wire the E-Code fogs (headlights are already in) and the rear fog during the GTG, with a little help...

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone up for meeting at Solar Market, and going up to where ever this is going to be held from there? Those of you coming from worchester/ CT, perhaps we should convoy?

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Alright folks, time for some definates. Let's get a list of folks who would like to come, and are available the 3rd weekend in Oct. Now, where to meet? I'd like to get my hands on some lovely biodiesel, so I'll be stopping at solar market prior or during this GTG. The fair idea sounds good, but it ends before the 3rd weekend. Powerstroke, since this is your baby, why don't you take it from here.