2010 VW JETTA TDI Cup Edition FOR SALE

hiroler

TDI
2010 Jetta, 2015 Passat SE
I have a white 2010 DSG with all options except big rims, purchased 4/24/10. It has nav and 40k, with 40k maintenance being done tomorrow. Extra set of tires too. I would consider a trade and driving stick. I drive 100 miles a day, hence mileage. PM me if u want. Baltimore/Harrisburg PA area. Kyle

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Cup cars are rare(r) it seems with the lifetime gearbox, but the price is still too high I agree.
Agreed, but the DSG still should cost more in theory.

KBB has it listed at under 24K for private party. That is why you aren't getting any hits on it.

The tint and taxes should have no bearing on the price you are willing to sell it for.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I would buy by it,if the wife would let me :(.Good luck

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
TJK - KBB has it at 24800 WITHOUT the optional body kit. So my price at 25k is more than fair....NADA has it at 26500. Have had a few calls in the last few days and a guy coming to look at it from MI so interest is there.

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
SHIZZLER - thanks for the note on the typo!!

To all those who have offered trades unfortunately I am not interested unless there is a way to work out financing. Currently have a 0% loan through VW. Anyone with a blue cup edition interested in trading?

Thanks again all!

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
TJK - KBB has it at 24800 WITHOUT the optional body kit. So my price at 25k is more than fair....NADA has it at 26500. Have had a few calls in the last few days and a guy coming to look at it from MI so interest is there.
I guess your zip code makes it more. It's 23.7k with my zip.

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Yeah and again, I believe kbb assumes no body kit ($2200) as it is not a selectable option and it was when originally new

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
I would 3-5 hundred for the body kit. It would be treated sorta like an after market part which is usually 10-25% of the upgrade cost. I know it's OEM, but it's just a body kit.

Ask what you want. Doesn't matter to me :) You asked for thoughts. I was telling you mine. Seems over priced to me. I hope you get what you want for it.

We are pretty close in our price thoughts. Since anyone who buys will want to haggle, I will concede that 25 is a good starting point.

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Anyone have a blue DSG Cup Edition they would be interested in trading for? Financed through VW?

wjktdi

TDI
2013 Jetta SW TDI, 2017 Golf SE 1.8t, 2001 Golf GLS 1.8t 4 door, 1989 BMW e30, 2001 Tacoma Prerunner
Nice looking car, good luck with the sale. Just left a dealer waffling between a Sportwagon TDI and a GTi.

grnbaja72

Veteran Member
TDI
None but will again someday
Anyone have a blue DSG Cup Edition they would be interested in trading for? Financed through VW?
partly yes i have a White with a dsg in las vegas, nv? and not financed through vw

Last edited:

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Okay Forum gurus and veterans...

I have a potential buyer for my car. Here is the dilemma, he is 10 states away and we are trying to figure out how to take care of the transaction without him feeling nervous about sending funds without taking possession and me surrendering possession without having funds cleared. My bank tells me it takes 1-2 days for a wire to officially clear and can take up to 3-4 days for a cashiers check to officially clear with all of the fraudulent ways to copy cashiers checks apparently.

So, HOW DO people states away from each other finalize a transaction in a safe way without either party feeling uncomfortable about either one person having the money and the car or the seller not wanting to release the car without "cleared" payment??

Any advise, suggestions? Much appreciated!!!

perry-vw-

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Cup (Malone Stage 2) / 05 Passat wagon TDI (Malone Stage 1.5, BSM, 5 speed manual) / 90 Corrado (work in progress)
I went through this exact thing when I bought my Cup, the guy live a few states away too. Here is what we did once we agreed on a price. We exchanged bank information and I had my bank contact his to confirm payoff and all other information. I waited until I drove the car and looked it over before I called my bank to have the money wired. I had a bill of sale printed out that each of us got a copy to have just in case. It took about a week for the money to transfer, his bank to release the title and for him to get the title. As soon as he got the title he signed it and over nighted it to me.

The way that we looked at it each of us had something that the other guy wanted/needed. I had the car and he had the title and with the bill of sale we both felt comfortable. In the end it all worked out.

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
If you both use a Bank that is available in both states, that will greatly reduce the discomfort for both of you. Both branches should be able to verify that the certified check is valid. As the seller, you should already have the title in hand so that the buyer from out of state will be comfortable with it IMO. That way, if there's any potential problem with a lean of any kind, it won't hold the buyer up with the registration/titleing in his/her home state. I would be very unlikely to spend ~$25K on a private party sale unless the title was available when I picked the vehicle up.

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Good responses.

Here is the issue, the title is held by VW and I don't just have the money to plunk down on it to get the title without payment.

And the problem is, he is literally across the country and was fine buying it sight unseen other than a detailed set of photos and a video that I took.

He suggested escrow.com. Anyone heard of this? Legit? I called VW finance and they had never heard of it so it automatically made me a bit leery. Thoughts?

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Car didn't sell. Guy in CA couldn't figure out how to make the transaction smoothly for his liking so....the car is still for sale.

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Several of you (I believe) have contacted me in the last week with your offers of 24k. I'll meet you in the middle from where I am. First one to contact me I'll accept. Message me or call 260 413 7244

dieselyeti

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE (DSG)
What is the deal with vagina-equipped humans and stick shifts? My mom, wife, all three of my sisters, my dad's wife can ALL drive them fine... and they all tell me mommy parts don't get in the way. My wife is always puzzled by this. But whatever.
Your post made me snort, and JFettig's subsequent post about hooking up the wife to a "VAG"-COM got a belly laugh. Too damn funny...

Geesixty

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition
LOL... I have this exact car right down to the tint (ceramic), condition and no front plate...but with the DSG. Every now and then, I yearn for a manual (I have always had manuals), but I really do love the DSG. I don't use the paddles too much, but I think DSG suites the TDI very well. Might be in the minority here, but that's ok.

Anyway, beautiful car... I can tell it has been VERY well kept and cared for. If there were ever an instance to convince myself to switch to a manual, yours would be the car I'd have... without a doubt.

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Gee sixty - yeah, at this point wishing I had the DSG as if so it wouldn't be for sale! Thx for the compliments!

Countryboy 07 - Feel free to have your friend call me at 260-413-7244 with any questions.

Last edited:

Tom W.

Veteran Member
TDI
mash-up GettaTDI150, 1986 Jetta Delux D, 2005 Passat TDI sedan
For 25 years My wife "couldn't" learn to drive a manual. Then she fell in love with a 1992 Carrera, bought it, and "Miraculously" learned to drive a stick. Incentive is everything............................. :)

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Price is now $24,400 for tdi club viewers. Price is firm. Message me with any questions

89greendiesel

TDI
not really looking for a TDI, waiting for the Mazda diesels! Got 267k on my Corolla
Several of you (I believe) have contacted me in the last week with your offers of 24k. I'll meet you in the middle from where I am. First one to contact me I'll accept. Message me or call 260 413 7244

well then it shouldn't take too long to get sold then. if someone is complaining about $400 on a 24k price tag, they need a reality check. I'd only haggle for $400 if the price was around 4k

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Car is still for sale, although Autotrader ad is gone. Email (loeffler3@gmail.com) or txt me (260-413-7244) for more information or questions. If you are looking for TDI Cup Edition, you won't be disappointed.

Lowered to 24k