VW Golf 2003 Estate CCM

KrissiK13

TDI
None
Hello everyone, I'm new here on the forums and I have one thing that's been bugging me ever since i got my VW 2 years ago. The Central Convenience Module J393. It's part number is 1C0 959 799B and it's written on it Skoda Octavia '03 like it's from a junkyear/breaker yard.
The problem is this: Everytime I lock the car the tailgate on the car opens(pops). All the doors lock and unlock okay, The windows all go up and down like they are suppose to do. Interior lights all work like the should, Now my question is this.
Does anyone know if the keyfob should be 2button keyfob or 3button keyfob and when looking at etka.cc I see that there are two types of CCM's that come in the Estate for Electric Windows and Locks with Radio Remote. It's the 1C0 959 799B and C. Now I dont know if the color code is correct for this car and I dont know the color code for this car.
Lastly, does anyone have an eeprom dump from VDSPRO for the same car and could maybe share it with me so I can just flash the CCM with the correct eeprom or if this could be an wiring issue?
I've looked at the wiring from tailgate to body and all looks okay.
Kindest Regards.

PS. The button on the tailgate to open the tailgate does nothing, only when locking the car the tailgate opens. And Radio Remote Reception is very bad.(need to stand next to the vehicle to get the keyfob to work)

Last edited:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Did you try googling the two part numbers? Not sure what you mean by color code. Is this in reference to the actual paint code? If so, you can try automotivetouchup .com.

KrissiK13

TDI
None
I've looked at the both part numbers, Both of those part numbers are applicable to my car. the thing with the color code is that the color code defines what options that car has. Like sunroof 2/4 Power Windows etc.. , my Car has everything working except for the Tailgate, and the color code of the CCM that's in the car is "03X" and is meant for a skoda octavia mk1, not a VW Golf Estate 4motion.

Steve-o

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I'm afraid I may not be of a lot of help. But on my '03 Jetta Wagon (equivalent to your Estate), somewhere near the spare tire under the back deck) is a coded list of all the options present on your particular car. That should include codes for the comfort control module. Here's a page describing the page and linking to a "decoder". I hope that will help identify the correct module/part number.

Is this something that could be scanned through a VAG-COM? And, for that matter, given VW's reputation for electronics, could this car have a problem with the CCM that someone worked around with the Skoda part?