Dealers Selling Fixed TDI's

tico_tdi

TDI
golf gl 2003 silver (sold), 2013 Passat SE(buyback), 2015 Passat SE, Audi 2015 Q7 TDI (new addition) gray
About a month ago I was at the dealers to get recall work done on my 2013 Passat TDi SE & happened to ask was was happening to the recalled TDI's. He said they were waiting for authorization to sell fixed TDI's. I had signed up for the modification, but had not decided what to do. I was having problems with my Adblue warning lights & took my car into the dealer. They had a 2015 Passat TDI SE with 28k miles for sale at 19K. So I turned my 2013 in & got the 2015. It came with the remainder of the original warranty plus a additional 2yr warranty & roadside service. In addition with all of the extended warranties VW recently provided, I considered it a good deal. This may be a good option for those who want to continue to drive a TDI.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Are you saying you traded the car in and it was an even swap? Or did you do the buyback for your car? The buyback money for your car had to be more than $19000.

tico_tdi

TDI
golf gl 2003 silver (sold), 2013 Passat SE(buyback), 2015 Passat SE, Audi 2015 Q7 TDI (new addition) gray
No, I will get a lot more for mine in the buyback. I had originally selected the emissions option, but hadn't finalized it yet. I was trying to decide what to do. You have to call VW claims to get the option switched it takes 2 to 3 business days to clear out your current choice. Then you have to upload all the same docs again and wait for approval which is about oct 9. They gave me a estimated buyback amount, but I will not know the actual amount until I get the official offer. Even with tax & tile I will come out several thousands $$ ahead.

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
We are thinking of getting a golf to replace or gsw. I want a 15.

All used fixed ones (15) come with the 165k warranty right? That's the selling point to me.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
We are thinking of getting a golf to replace or gsw. I want a 15.

All used fixed ones (15) come with the 165k warranty right? That's the selling point to me.
They should have the warranty.. (duration/miles.. 11 or 5 year.. 162,000 or 60,000) will depend on the mileage of the car when fix was done

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Your thread title is accurate, but incomplete. Dealers are selling fixed 2015 TDIs. Nothing else, yet.

Borsig

TDI
My wagon gets turned in on the 16th. We replaced it with a outback.

Might buy a 15 golf though. make a good commuter with that warranty

MrSprdSheet

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW TDI
Your thread title is accurate, but incomplete. Dealers are selling fixed 2015 TDIs. Nothing else, yet.
2015 models had SCR. I'm back seeing if anyone knows what's behind the US 3bn charge? If its retrofitting SCR to non-SCR cars, or something else?
I wasn't aware the tab to "fix" these TDI's could possibly be this high, since buybacks have been so popular. Perhaps it is this "fix, then re-sell" strategy that is costing them??

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
It appears that the court wants VW to focus on fixing cars that are in the active fleet before fixing bought back cars which are sitting. No SCR retrofit, new catalyst and re-flash, basically. I suspect parts availability is also affecting when they fix bought-back cars. 2015s got a re-flash only before sale.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
I started a thread about this.. my dealer's manager is selling buybacks..I asked her 5 times.. she was adamant.. we ARE selling buybacks...I looked at a couple that were "buybacks" according to her.. Bought a 2013 passat SEL.3 days ago.that according to her is a buyback..checked carfax.. and it WAS sold back to VW corp. in June 2017 and then in my dealers inventory..now I have it:D

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
So is the car fixed? Is it CPO?

Most dealers refused to sell bought back cars before the fix was approved, but I don't think they were prohibited from doing it.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
So is the car fixed? Is it CPO?

Most dealers refused to sell bought back cars before the fix was approved, but I don't think they were prohibited from doing it.
Yes it is cpo..and has the fix..2 year 24,000 bumper to bumper warranty..including the emissions warranty.. Actually my wifes car now:D...My car goes in for the fix tomorrow.. I also got my daughter a "new' 2015 PASSAT TDI SE..FINALLY MY FAMILY LISTENED TO ME:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Borsig

TDI
Is there any solid way to understand what the warranty is on these cars, and if a car being sold by a dealer has the fix and warranty?

Carfax is unclear.

Trying to set something up for after mine goes in on the 16th

I want a 2015 golf SE TDi as a commuter - mainly because of the warranty. If I cant get that, I'll just buy a civic.

I think many of the local ones here stay local. Im seeing several in NoVa that are originals sold at Md locations.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
Is there any solid way to understand what the warranty is on these cars, and if a car being sold by a dealer has the fix and warranty?

Carfax is unclear.

Trying to set something up for after mine goes in on the 16th

I want a 2015 golf SE TDi as a commuter - mainly because of the warranty. If I cant get that, I'll just buy a civic.

I think many of the local ones here stay local. Im seeing several in NoVa that are originals sold at Md locations.
If it was fixed it will have the sticker under the hood (usually)..and then it will have the emissions warranty..the cpo warranty is really a hit or miss I guess??

Borsig

TDI
but how do you know it has that warranty?

Enter vin on VW diesel site or?

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
but how do you know it has that warranty?

Enter vin on VW diesel site or?
I have asked that question on the last 2 I bought..(last 2 months).. and they say the VIN is in the data base for the warranty...where to look I would like to know also:confused: Nothing in writing at time of signing papers ( and I drilled them about this)..Kinda irritated me..it is what it is..

Last edited: