HELP ME PLEASE!

Mike Ford

I was driving my 2000 jetta tdi (108K, with new timing belt and water pump) for about 25 minutes last night in stop and go traffic it was probably -15 degrees celsius. After that I pulled over and went into a coffee shop. I came out and warmed the glow plugs ( about 2 seconds since they were still warm) and started the engine. When I started the engine it made a loud klunk side from what sounded like the middle of the hood. Following that the car did not operate normally. It seemed to vibrate heavily in the lower gears ( kind of pulsing) and the engine seemed loudeer than normal. Driving at highway speeds it made a holllow thumping sound going over bumps. When slowing down and down shifting there was a sound that sounded like it was coming from the passenger side area under the hood.

No engine lights have come on.

Does anybody have a suggestion as to what this may be.

any help, questions or comments would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Mike

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Don,t drive it. Check the motor mounts on that side. did they replace the streach bolts?

Mike Ford

Thanks Birdman and weedeater...you guys hit the nail on the head. I looked under and the belts were had actually worn through the plastic shroud on that side of the car because of the motor mounts. The car has now been towed to the mechanic. In addition to replacing the shroud and bolts, what else should I be sure to have the mechanic check and or replace. ie. would you replace those belts as well

thanks again,

Mike