Ca:2013 Porsche Cayenne diesel

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
For sale 2013 Porsche Cayenne diesel with 55,+++ miles. Exterior is silver with the black heated leather seat interior. Has most options and sunroof. Garage kept and non smoker in great condition! Always maintained with Porsche/VAG parts and filters. Just had the 50k mile trans service,as well as new tires on the 20" Porsche rims,probably going to do the front brakes soon as well. It's truly a pleasure to drive with the great MPG of the diesel and the Porsche handling,only reason we're selling is that my wife mostly(95%) drives around town and I'm looking at getting a Tesla. For pics or questions text/call at 818-822-9150..Josh.
Price $34,000 obo.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Not that I have the money to buy it, but out of curiosity, does it have air ride?

I think I've spotted 1 for sale... and I've looked a quite a few, just trying to get a feel for how many have air. Not very many!

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Hi Matt...this one does not have the air ride. I actually searched out this one as I did not want the air ride. I just didn't want something that else that could fail/start to leak...

Matt-98AHU

TDI
Hi Matt...this one does not have the air ride. I actually searched out this one as I did not want the air ride. I just didn't want something that else that could fail/start to leak...
Fair. 183k and counting on my V10's air suspension. Holding up very well so far. I think the pump was rebuilt at one point.

Seems a lot easier to find a non-air Cayenne diesel than one with it. After living with mine, having the height adjustability for the occasional off road jaunt and just the overall comfort and adjustability of the dampers to dial in to whatever surface you're on or what mood you're in for how you're driving it... really, really nice. After living with this one, I'd have a hard time replacing it with one that has the standard steel spring suspension. Pretty blown away with it.

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Your point makes complete sense. I always would smile seeing a older Range Rover sagging after sitting all night because of some air leak...just didn't want that same look. LOL.
Either way,I can't imagine u being disappointed as driving our Cayenne is always a pleasure....especially on road trips!

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI
06 pkg 1 Jetta 191k w/Malone Stage 2
So...don't wanna insult anybody [especially in this era of pseudo victimization, safe zones, micro aggression etc. etc. ad nauseum] but are the TDI Touareg and Cayenne basically the same platform with different badging and perhaps interiors?

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
I'm not 100% sure,but I believe the only things they possibly share is the driveline(motor and trans if the Toureg had a 8 speed trans). I believe everything else is Porsche(even different from Q7 and Q5).

Matt-98AHU

TDI
So...don't wanna insult anybody [especially in this era of pseudo victimization, safe zones, micro aggression etc. etc. ad nauseum] but are the TDI Touareg and Cayenne basically the same platform with different badging and perhaps interiors?
They were co-developed and do share a number of parts. Porsche tunes their suspension differently, faster steering as well, all the bodywork is different and quite a lot about the interior is different too, but yeah, the basic platform, chassis design and in the case of the diesel, the drivetrain is the same too.

The Q7 is based on the same Touareg/Cayenne platform but the wheelbase is stretched and has optional folding 3rd row seats, whereas the VW and Porsche are strictly 5 seaters.

The Q5 is a different animal together, more like a tall bodied, lifted Audi A4 wagon than anything to do with the Cayenne/Touareg platform. The Porsche Macan is essentially a Q5.

I used to think the Panamera was just on the A6/7 or A8 platform, but it turns out it's actually a lowered Cayenne. Go fig

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Friday bump up!! New tires going on this weekend and ordering the parts to do the front and rear brakes.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
They were co-developed and do share a number of parts. Porsche tunes their suspension differently, faster steering as well, all the bodywork is different and quite a lot about the interior is different too, but yeah, the basic platform, chassis design and in the case of the diesel, the drivetrain is the same too.

The Q7 is based on the same Touareg/Cayenne platform but the wheelbase is stretched and has optional folding 3rd row seats, whereas the VW and Porsche are strictly 5 seaters.

The Q5 is a different animal together, more like a tall bodied, lifted Audi A4 wagon than anything to do with the Cayenne/Touareg platform. The Porsche Macan is essentially a Q5.
All correct. The Cayenne however does get Porsche's own V8 gas engine option though. But the V[R]6 gasser and the TDI are the same as the T'reg and Q7, but I thought the Cayenne's diesel had an extra 10hp.

Dunerking1

TDI
13’ Cayenne Diesel,11’ Audi A3 TDI,04 Jetta TDI
Price Drop…$22,500 wife’s new car is coming in and need the garage space

Dunerking1

TDI
Brand new tires installed…I have the front and rear rotors and brake pads ready for the next brake service. Also have oil,fuel,air and filters as well as Mobil 1 ESP oil for next motor service.

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Tough time to try to sell a diesel. I'm on my 3rd Touareg TDI at 180k miles, and said my next would be a Cayenne Diesel, but I'd much prefer the air suspension. Makes towing so much easier. I'd be interested, but not quite ready to purchase something else yet, although very tempting.

Dunerking1

TDI
Thanks for the interest,we’ve had a lot of people interested…looks like it’s sold as we took a deposit..will confirm on Wednesday when they pick it up.
I didn’t really want to complicate an already complicated vehicle with the air ride,though it does make sense in your situation.
Wife now has a Lexus NX450h+plug in hybrid..it’s nice having the flexibility of full EV then the back gas motor…it’s nice but not Cayenne nice.