But I'm already registered

Joe Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
NA
But I\'m already registered

When I tried to view a pic concering snow screen cleaning in the TDIClub Gallery, it says I must be a registered member to view images.
But right at the bottom of the page, it says I'm logged in as Joe Fisher. Do I need to register for the Image Gallery seperately??

Joe Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
NA

Yep, that was it. I needed to log in, just like the forums. That's odd, not sure why, but all is copacetic now. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS

The additional problem is... if you log into the image area, then you are un-logged back in the forum area. To try and log in again, despite logging out from the image area, I have to clear cookies or I can't log back into the forums. Nuisance...

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant

I'll have to do more work on this. It works fine for me, so I haven't had too much luck figuring it out...

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto

I'm having trouble with this too /images/graemlins/confused.gif It tells me my name, password already exist. Do I need to register under a different name?
Tried clearning cookies, but as soon as I log in again they are back!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI

Joe, I just missed one thing in your post.

The forums and picture server are two different pieces of software using the same userdatabase. You must log in to both systems, but you don't need to register twice. Passwords, login etc are all the same.

The problem some people are having is that they never stay logged in when going back and forth between the forums and picture server. (Everytime I test, and use the systems, I do so it is very hard for me to debug at the moment.)

Fred

VicTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sport Wagon

FYI I have trouble too. If I'm logged into the forums and go to pics I have to log in again.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S

I have to do this too, but it's b/c they are on different servers. I just have it remember me, then I never have to login anywhere.

-Jason

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI

compu_85 is correct. There are TWO systems. The forums and the picture server. The two however do share the same username as password. At the moment there is no way to combine the login sequence into one. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg

I thought I was the only one having problems. Whenever I try and view a pic on the pic server, I usually open a new window. This way I can see the pic I want and not lose my place on the page I was on in the forum. Only problem is when I return, it asks me to log-in again. When I click on "log in" it takes me to my home page. I can't actually get to the log-in page. Pain in the A$$. I realize there's lots of work in volved in setting up and maintaining the servers, but I hope you get the problem resolved soon. Thanks for all your hard work, Fred.

rwolff

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet

Another issue: On the old (pre-flame) system, the "add signature to this post" button was checked by default. Now, I have to check it each time if I want my sig included. I checked the configuration screens in the "my home" page, and this wasn't a configurable option. How do I get my sig included by default?