1996 Toyota HDJ-80 in the US for sale!

AutobahnTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
no more TDI :(
WHOA!

Ultimate SUV right there. So many goodies... manual tranny, diff lockers etc. The timing belt warning light on the instrument cluster is interesting.

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
Common on Toyota diesels. It's linked in to the speedo and turns on a specific mileage. Once you replace the belt, you can reset the warning light by operating a changeover switch- it's normally taped to the loom somewhere under the dash...

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
I can't recall if my last Toyota diesel pickup had the timing belt light ?? But I do miss the thing .

Had to sell it when I got devorced in 95
. Miss it more than my ex-wife . Only seen one other one in the last 10 years , in eastern NC . I'm sure mine ended up in Mexico .

I have a friend with a Toyota TD pickup , 86 I think is the year . He paid a bundle for it .

solstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 NB red cabrilet
35K Dollars for a 8 year old suv? what country is the phone number in?

Philip

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2004, Grey
Its a Toyota and a Diesel, you gotta pay for it.

anyone that can get these things through customs and register them is gona make a killing.

Oil_Burner

Veteran Member
Its a Toyota and a Diesel, you gotta pay for it.

anyone that can get these things through customs and register them is gona make a killing.
You're right of course. But nobody can! This truck was brought in by it's owner an Ceck diplomat. The got tired of it and sold it (you're not supposed to do that) and SOMEHOW somebody got it registered. It's the only one in the US. There are a few 80's in the states that people have transplanted 1HDT and 1HZ toyota desiels in, but they are not original.

That truck new was 70,000 grand!

TB

William J Toensing

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Jetta "value edition" 4 door
25 year old & older foreign cars are now exempt from EPA/DOT regulations I have heard. Don't take my word but check further as I would before doing this. It might be a good idea to have the engine swap done overseas where labor is cheaper. Wonder how many such vehicles might filter over here from Iraq?