"VAN-VAN" Social Event - Baseball Game

Frank Doherty

Nothing really car oriented, but if a group of us in the "VAN-VAN" (Vancouver BC to Vancouver WA) area (or nearby) wanted to BUY a block of tickets to see the Seattle Mariners play at SAFECO Field on a Saturday afternoon this summer, I can probably make this happen (since I work for the Mariners part time) -- if we plan far enough in advance. Right now, I'm thinking that Saturday, July 14th (vs San Francisco) or Saturday, August 25th (vs Clevland) would be good dates. Both games start at 1:05 and the weather should be nice during those times. Those in BC and Oregon (or Eastern Washington) could depart from home in the morning, watch the game, and be home by late evening. Also, if somebody is planning a trip to Seattle and wants me to help them buy some tickets, just send me an email telling me what game you want to go to and how many tickets you want. I'll get back with you and tell you your options. frank.doherty@nw.amedd.army.mil

[ April 02, 2001: Message edited by: VW Derf ]

Frank Doherty

After the M's sweep the A's and the Angels these next few days, I'm sure there will be a lot of responses. Anyway, since it is hard to anticipate everyone's schedule, I'll MAKE BOTH GAMES AVAILABLE. That means, you can get tickets to ONE or BOTH games. If you are interested, send me an email and let me know which games you want to go to. The tickets will be $16 (U.S.$) each. frank.doherty@nw.amedd.army.mil

Frank Doherty

BAD NEWS.

We never got enough responses to get the tickets that I had available in April, and as the M's have been doing so well, other organizations that did have a bunch of people "ready to pay" essentially bought up all the weekend group tickets for the games I had available. Now, with the team doing so well and with only 9 Saturdays and 9 Sunday home games left in the season, it will be a matter of most weekend games being sell-outs through the summer. Bottom line, if you wish to see the Seattle Mariners play a weekend game this year, you will most probably not be able to do this as part of any "group." (Maybe a SMALL group of less than 10 people, but certainly not an "official" group of 40 or more.) I would suggest seeing the M's play as part of a "family function." Get a schedule, pick some potential dates, and contact TicketMaster. Do not be surprised if there is not much in the way of ticket selection still available for the game you want. In view of my experience, I would not recommend that you work to "expand" your group. You will only make it harder for you to get anything but the least desireable tickets at SAFECO Field. I'm sorry that I was not more pro-active and "pushy" in this effort. Of course, had the M's not had such a fantastic start to the season, I'm sure this situation would not be what it is. "Everybody loves a winner,"and with the average attendance being close to 40,000, M's tickets are a "hot" item.(just like TDIs will be when gas hits $3/gallon!!!!!!)