GTG Charlotte, NC

Dumanehu

Veteran Member
TDI
2002, White GLI
It has been 2 countries and 3 years since I have been to a GTG. Wondering, HOPING, to try and get enough people together to get RocketChip out to program some cars... A nice BBQ, it is summer. and just have a good time for the fellow TDi owners. Anybody Interested?

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Charlotte is doable. I will watch this thread with interest.

BTW, Rocketchip came to Asheville at the end of January. Might be unwilling after such a short time.

He will be at IMPEXFEST the first Saturday in May. Baltimore is not a bad drive.

JoeBleed

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2005 A4, Reflex Silver
I would be up for even just a plane gtg or something. i am about 2 hours away. Will keep an eye out. Not interested in chip at the moment. waiting on boost/egt guage to be made and come in. Once i get that in and use to normal readings then i will be seaking at least a stage 2 and maybe an injector upgrade. Have no idea when i will get to mounting the egt probe since i will likly have to drill and tap the manafold off the car.

but keep us updated and lets see if we get any intrest. I missed the asheville gtg because i was on call. Really wish i could have made that one. If this one stays in charolte i will go on call or not. :)

BioBob

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta (G3F Donor), 2003 Bora
I missed Asheville as well, and don't really want to go to Montreal ( you're
not welcome there if you don't speak French).

Just bought an '03 and am interested in a chip.

I would do my dam----- to make it.

engineerorange

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
When and where?

Count me in. You will probably get some of the fine folks that made the Asheville gtg to attend. I would be interested in a brake fluid change in the B5.5, and RC1+ in the A5 if Jeff is coming.

engineerorange

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
Dumanehu said:
It has been 2 countries and 3 years since I have been to a GTG. Wondering, HOPING, to try and get enough people together to get RocketChip out to program some cars... A nice BBQ, it is summer. and just have a good time for the fellow TDi owners. Anybody Interested?
In what way are you associated with Keffer VW?

MikeB60

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS
If you can get Jeff to come down, I'll show up with my '02 Golf. It needs some of the same magic that Jeff worked on the '06!

84ZZ4

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
I live in Rock Hill and work in Charlotte, so that's in my back yard. If I can find myself a TDI by the time you have a GTG, I'd be open.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
I'd like to try to make it too . Is it possible to get a shop to do some wrenching in ? If Jeff can make it I'd like to bump up to RC3:D .

Dumanehu

Veteran Member
TDI
2002, White GLI
engineerorange said:
In what way are you associated with Keffer VW?
Sorry guys, it has been a while since I have been on.
I just got a job here in Sales. Need something hoild me afloat untill school starts in September and this dealership is half a mile from my house.

Speaking of which, we have a slew of 2006 TDi's on the lot. and each day i drive one I want to trade my A4 in...

Anybody intersted or any questions, i bet you all know more than I do about them anyhow, Dealer# 704-766-2121 Just ask for ALEX. PM if you want my cell to call me directly.

Anyhow yes, the GTG is somethig i have been looking foreward to for a bit, and just missing the Ashville GTG, I was rather dissapointed. I am in the Lake Norman area of Charlotte, so if we can start talking about dates. I am always available.

bigEZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen; 2006 New Beetle
well, it will be nice for that delaership to have someone with tdi knowledge there. when i was shopping for my car, my salesperson was an idiot (had no real knowledge of the cars) and the dealership itself was very unwilling to work for me to find what i wanted. so, i went to flow in winston-salem and had a great experience all the way thru.

and my service experience at keffer has been laughable. the actual techs may be ok; i don't know. but the guys up front are numbskulls.

majesticj

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta GL TDI
I'll head up if Paramedick is coming. I need to have nozzles installed, my coolant bottle swapped out, an alternator pulley, and my frankenbelt inspected.

Dumanehu

Veteran Member
TDI
2002, White GLI
bigEZ said:
and my service experience at keffer has been laughable. the actual techs may be ok; i don't know. but the guys up front are numbskulls.
How long ago were you out here at Keffer? I just seperated the army, had to find something until school starts. As far as I can see the people mechanics are awesome. Just had one change my Timing belt and water pump (the full 80,000 service) And he was awesome.

So besides the topic.... any dates in mind? any areas of interst for the G2G?

Dumanehu

Veteran Member
TDI
2002, White GLI
Stealership

MaryP said:
I hope you have a thick skin... LOL! :D (how many times have you seen the word "stealership"?)
I totally understand what you are talking about, having my head taken off from a Dodge Dealership.

And I will raise my right hand and swear that this dearship is not like any others I have ever been. The sales personel work together, we hang out after work and it is trully a great place to work. The only kind of dealership I could ever work for. No pressure, No hasle, No Crap.
Seriously, because if I had to be putting pressure on customers, I would have walked already.

bigEZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen; 2006 New Beetle
Dumanehu said:
I totally understand what you are talking about, having my head taken off from a Dodge Dealership.

And I will raise my right hand and swear that this dearship is not like any others I have ever been. The sales personel work together, we hang out after work and it is trully a great place to work. The only kind of dealership I could ever work for. No pressure, No hasle, No Crap.
Seriously, because if I had to be putting pressure on customers, I would have walked already.
sounds like a better place than what i remember. i haven't dealt with the sales dept. for 2 years; my last visit to the service dept. was for the passat hesitation reflash i had done in the fall. i had to literally show them the official vw tsb before they could figure out what i was talking about. they had no idea.

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
I just moved here from Denver, and could use some new local TDI love! We live in Morrisville, just north of Raleigh. I'd be willing to make the drive to C. What type of date are we talking?
Patrick

Dumanehu

Veteran Member
TDI
2002, White GLI
Rc?

There has been some interst in Rcoket Chip, and i know we all have to plan ahead... something about work and traveling... The month of May.?.?
Anybody have a direct way of contacting RocketChip? See if any weekend in May would go well for him?

quadboss74

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, reflex silver
Rocketchip

I am in Southeastern VA. I am definitely interested in getting a RC in my 2003 Golf. If anyone is able to do it, wouldn't mind doing the nozzles too...

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Dumanehu said:
There has been some interst in Rcoket Chip, and i know we all have to plan ahead... something about work and traveling... The month of May.?.?
Anybody have a direct way of contacting RocketChip? See if any weekend in May would go well for him?
I've seen at least three of the four weekends in May already booked for RC in other GTG sections....

quadboss74

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, reflex silver
I am trying get something set up to get chipped at Impexfest. Thats the first weekend in May, so that weekend he definitely wont be able to come and do chipping...

Higgins11

TDI
Looking
Is there any intreest in this thread any more?

I am but i'm too new to know what goes on at one of these things

k45

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
Howdy, I am newbie to the diesel not to far from yall. I am just trying to get used to this deisel. Did yall see in the Charlotte Observer about the guy with his Mercedes runing on veggie oil getting a $1500 fine from the state. They encourage alternative fuels but then slap you when you do it. Whats up with that. Hey Dumanehu I just droped off my car to your dealership yesterday.

Last edited: